Chelsea 2-0 Swansea

Jase

Man of the Match  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Do you mean the Spanish national team, right? I'm pretty sure that in Spain almost anyone knows about Chico... in Spain he didn't succeeded.

Yes, but he's never been called for the senior national team. He deserves a call up, imo, with the season he's having.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'll be the Rupert.....

Rafa did well today. Swansea are clearly on their vacation but they were still pretty good in defence up until the goal. Losing Rami could've been a massive blow but Rafa made the right choice by bringing on Lamps and not Mikel. He provided that go-forward we needed and changed the game for us.

Oscar took his goal beautifully and went well from then on but he was absolute garbage for most of the first-half. Just like the Fulham game, it was an old-fashioned Chelsea win in the end and it's starting to become a bit of a habit.

A great 4 days for this club though.

1. A great win in Basel

2. Chalobah scores a screamer and grows his reputation

3. Lukaku gets 1 goal and sets up 2

4. Spurs drop 2 points

5. Chelsea get a nice win

6. Lamps gets his goal whilst looking like Frank Lampard

7. Bobby Tambling gets a great reception after his recent troubles

8. Arsenal drop 2 points

9. United can't get our record

10. QPR get relegated

In a shitty season, a few decent days.

Yes, but he's never been called for the senior national team. He deserves a call up, imo, with the season he's having.

I wouldn't mind to have him as 3rd center back. He is being pretty consistent.

Why should be be immune to any criticism? Before his goal (which was very well taken, don't get me wrong), he was awful, something that we've seen a bit too much this season, and you can't even blame being played out of position for those horrible few touches/passes. Obviously, it's a bit far to compare him to Kalou, but to tell his critics to shut up is quite unfair.

I never said any of that, I said for his haters to shut up, it is totally different.

I criticized him myself before the goal, but didnt go full "he is trash, lets sub him for Benayoun" mode...

Read that Rafa said it was only a dead leg and would be fit for Basel. Not 100% sure though.

Dead leg, hm. In this sense it sounds positive but what on earth does that mean? What is with the leg exactly? It got a knock or what?

credit where credit is due. Lamps contribution won this game more than anything else. All reports I randomly checked also have it this way btw

Yea, despite some sloppy passes he had a good game, I'm not denying that, I was referring to Hazard being pretty poor (bolded).

Clean Sheet Check

Don't you mean "Clean sheet Cech"?! :D

Dead leg, hm. In this sense it sounds positive but what on earth does that mean? What is with the leg exactly? It got a knock or what?

LOL it just means that he took a knock on the leg, but the knock is on the muscle not the bone, so it hurts a lot at first and cause the leg to feel numb and tingly. Nothing serious at all.

LOL it just means that he took a knock on the leg, but the knock is on the muscle not the bone, so it hurts a lot at first and cause the leg to feel numb and tingly. Nothing serious at all.

Ha that's new to me, never heard this epxression before so cheers for the clarification! :D

Rafa is fucking clueless, He'd do the squad rotation shit but wouldnt utilise his subs <_<

Please state something more obvious.

We won the game. Can we just celebrate that and unleash our bashing when we actually fuck up or do something bad?