Jase

Man of the Match  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We play some great football at times but i wish we'd kill these games off. Even in the 90th minute i was nervous after what happened against Reading. We really do have to see games off easier, we're lucky Swansea are on holiday. They didn't really threaten but we missed so many chances i was getting really frustrated.

Massive win nonetheless.

This

I wish our next attacking signing(striker or winger) for next season is a good goal scorer.

Granted he was good, our second best player after Lampard I thought, but he's played better at CB this season.

We'd be better off getting in a proper midfielder.

David Luiz is more relaxed at DM and doesn't have the moments of madness or complacency at CB, he has license to attack and it shows in his performances like today. Chelsea should recall upon Kalas and Omeruo and let them compete for a the third spot at CB next season. Im in the minority wanting McEachran to return and I know this but if Chelsea want a Benat type I understand.

Was getting frustrated as the game went on in the 1st half but thankfully, we got the goals just before HT. Started the game slowly (again, though understandable with amount of games played) but we improved bit by bit and luckily it was good enough to break Swansea's bus! And credit has to go to Lampard for this. Even though his appearance came as a result of Ramires's injury (hope it's nothing serious), he made a great difference in our attacking play. Offered a variety of passes going forward, gave us more attacking presense upfront and lifted everyone around. After that, we kept Swansea out well but it's frustrating that we are not clinical in front of goal again. This could easily have ended up in a 4/5/6-0 win but didn't. *sigh* But overall, good win and a vital 3 points gained especially with Man United and Spurs to come next. Need to avoid defeat in those games especially the Spurs one but hope we can get at least 4 points from there.

David Luiz is more relaxed at DM and doesn't have the moments of madness or complacency at CB, he has license to attack and it shows in his performances like today. Chelsea should recall upon Kalas and Omeruo and let them compete for a the third spot at CB next season. Im in the minority wanting McEachran to return and I know this but if Chelsea want a Benat type I understand.

He really isn't. At DM you'll have the ball at your feet more often - today was a mirage really considering Swansea didn't press us at all. His best performances for us this season have come at CB. I'd rather get in someone else at DM which will then allow us to have more offensive weapons in the team - it opens up another spot in the team if we keep Luiz at CB and makes us a lot more unpredictable.

A handful performances against a few poor teams doesn't mean we should start Luiz as our main DM next season. Swansea were practically on holiday today.

Was I the only one that thought Lampard was poor? One of the few I was going to point out that had a bad match. Just because you come onto the ground and the match happens to turn around at that point, doesn't mean you were the sole contributor for it.

Hazard, Luiz and even Ba really stood out for me. Mata gave the ball away too much, as did Oscar, and Lamps was making some shocking passes out there.

Was I the only one that thought Lampard was poor? One of the few I was going to point out that had a bad match. Just because you come onto the ground and the match happens to turn around at that point, doesn't mean you were the sole contributor for it.

Hazard, Luiz and even Ba really stood out for me. Mata gave the ball away too much, as did Oscar, and Lamps was making some shocking passes out there.

But when you score the goal and make the assist that turn the game you did it. Lampard was by far the standout man today with his brillinat passing. Hazard and Ba where pretty poor.