Chelsea 2-0 Swansea

Jase

Man of the Match  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

But when you score the goal and make the assist that turn the game you did it. Lampard was by far the standout man today with his brillinat passing. Hazard and Ba where pretty poor.

You don't have so much of a clue if you think Ba was poor today. He won every aerial ball sent long his way, did a great job retaining the ball, and was pivotal in providing space and passes with his movement up front.

When you score the goal? He scored a penalty. Which is Hazard's job these days anyway when Lamps isn't on the pitch. Hazard was amazing as usual today. He breaks down the defense, draws fouls, gets the other team into trouble, and creates a plethora of chances.

Lamps was poor outside of the involvement in scoring. Very poor. Seems as though people value the stats over anything though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa is fucking clueless, He'd do the squad rotation shit but wouldnt utilise his subs <_<

Well i personally didn't want him to make any changes in the 2nd half. I hate when we're trying to defend leads and take off Mata and Hazard - the 2 best players at keeping the ball and creating chances. This only increases the pressure we come under because not only are the other team pushing everyone forward, but we can't hold on to the ball - exactly like the Liverpool game.

Against Swansea, even in the 90th minute we had a good chance, something that wouldn't have happened if Benayoun etc were brought on imo.

Tbf Oscar's first touch was very frustrating.

Again, not saying he should not be criticized nor that he had a decent first 30 min (just read the locked game thread and see me complaining).

This was a message for the absurd overreactions we had during the game, like people saying he was the new Kalou!

Went to the game. Good win, we should have had more though. Ba could have had a hatrick but relatively easy win. Michu could not get a sniff in the game. He is a very good player but next season i don't think he will be so prolific as he will be more known to players next season and from what I have seen there is not much to his game apart from his movement.

Anyway game points... thought every player put in a shift. My MOTM would have to be Luiz. He made the transition from CB to the CM role today with ease and dominated throughout. Cahill also had an excellent game, loved his sliding tackle on Routledge in the first half. This is one game where I saw the serious potential of Oscar. Excellent display. Was a bit sluggish for moments of the first half but scored a brilliant finish and second half was really impressive. I am not going to have a go at Benitez because we won the game but i find it odd that he is really insistent on not using subs and if so does it very late. Minor but just surprises me.

Clear to see that despite our win, Swansea still seem to be on their honeymoon period. This was one of our remaining fixtures in the PL where I thought this would be the easiest win on paper. Now, every other game in the PL we have got will be difficult. Will require 100%. If we can play the way we did against United in the FA Cup, we can beat them. Whatever happens next week, at least we still will be in top 4 until our Spurs game so just imagine beating United, would be massive as I can see Spurs destroying Southampton.

Also on the other hand nice to see Hazard and Mata in the PFA team of the year :cfc:

Luiz was the man of the match, most tackles, most interceptions, bullied his way through the midfield and stamped his prescence into the opponents minds.

Lampard was second only because of a lot of misplaced passes

just watching the match again for me the two touches by hazard and then mata to get the penalty justify why we spent so much money on the miniature attacking players... thank you roman for splashing the cash on our wonderful club.. just a few more games to go i believe we have top 4 in us.. c'mon chelsea :blue scalf: