Tiago

Spike

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a massively underwhelming and pointless transfer this would be.

Hope it doesn't happen.

LOL with the exception of Matic, he outperformed every one of our midfielders last season.

Its hard to say no knowing that, and on a free transfer. This is a solid addition.

People talking like this guy is like a grandad on crutches…..Go back and check his displays from past seasons. Squad edition that can offer things.

But yeah silly me, he should be a 30M bench player most want.

Not just how he performs. He's been here before, he knows how to win, and can be a leader in a addition to a stron option off the bench. People want us to have a star studded bench that cost £4892048m. Why?

People talking like this guy is like a grandad on crutches…..Go back and check his displays from past seasons. Squad edition that can offer things.

But yeah silly me, he should be a 30M bench player most want.

Not just how he performs. He's been here before, he knows how to win, and can be a leader in a addition to a stron option off the bench. People want us to have a star studded bench that cost £4892048m. Why?

Football Manager.

I'm for real. When you play something so much it starts merging with reality... so it seems many people look to real world football the same way they do business in FM

LOL with the exception of Matic, he outperformed every one of our midfielders last season.

Its hard to say no knowing that, and on a free transfer. This is a solid addition.

And when is he going to play?

A sub for Matic as Baraba says? Matic who's a nailed on starter for every PL match? If we're going to have an old, experienced midfielder in the side taking up a roster spot and not playing much (and also robbing MvG of the little playing time he was already going to get) then we may as well have kept Lampard.

Great squad depth player. He's still quality as he showed last season and technically, I would MUCH rather have him on the bench than Frank. Plus, we've all been talking about the lack of leaders in the team, well there you go. A leader whos' been here before and knows the club as well as the older players.

This signing is an almost ZERO risk one. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want him here.

A sub for Matic as Baraba says? Matic who's a nailed on starter for every PL match? If we're going to have an old, experienced midfielder in the side taking up a roster spot and not playing much (and also robbing MvG of the little playing time he was already going to get) then we may as well have kept Lampard.

He's FAR better defensively than Lampard though. He puts in more tackles and reads the game better.

He'll not only be good cover for Matic but will also give us another option besides Ramires in central midfield. Ramires is a useful player to have in the squad, but you don't want to be dependent on him in big games.

Let Jose figure that out. Nothing wrong with adding a veteran presence to that midfield on a free at that. If he makes 15 appearances for us its fine.

Great squad depth player. He's still quality as he showed last season and technically, I would MUCH rather have him on the bench than Frank. Plus, we've all been talking about the lack of leaders in the team, well there you go. A leader whos' been here before and knows the club as well as the older players.

This signing is an almost ZERO risk one. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want him here.

Some people (maybe only me judging by this thread) would rather buy a long term solution than a player at the end of his career. José has talked nonstop about building "the new Chelsea for the next decade," and now we're essentially swapping one old player for another who's a similar age.

Not denying that he's a good player and would prove useful, but I'd rather see us get someone who can nail down a place for years to come and be a first XI regular.

Some people (maybe only me judging by this thread) would rather buy a long term solution than a player at the end of his career. José has talked nonstop about building "the new Chelsea for the next decade," and now we're essentially swapping one old player for another who's a similar age.

Not denying that he's a good player and would prove useful, but I'd rather see us get someone who can nail down a place for years to come and be a first XI regular.

I think that after a trophyless season Jose is going all out next season, perhaps at the expense of long-term planning. Who can blame him when his job is potentially on the line? Fabregas, Tiago, Filipe Luis, Diego Costa are all players who can come in and do a job now.

So what? We should only sign kids? We need older players to help the you.g guys to stay composed when shit gets rough. He's a good signing. In a big UEFA must win game or vs City would you rather Tiago come on or Van Ginkel?

what you're missing is that the fact we aren't buying him, we're getting him for free. According to reports he's giving up more money to play for us. He just reached a UCL final in a team that is physical like the EPL, so he's adapted not only because he's been here before, but because he's used to it.

What's the idea that a player who's passed 30 can't play good football anymore?

Who could have displaced a 33yo Terry from the team last season? And no, I'm not talking about our squad, but in the whole league? Who was flawless except a couple of mistakes at the end of the season. If you want to talk about long term then allow us to see if van Ginkel can be our long term. Also there's always the next transfer window. What's the hurry for?

Long term, long term, long term, but once this team starts to struggle because it lacks leaders and experienced guys who can endure the hurdles and help the others people will be screaming at the top of their lungs that Mourinho has to leave or that we need to sign players in their peak, at age 28 and whats not.