Tiago

Spike

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing signing Tiago means we won't be seeing any young midfielders in the squad next season

Luiz has gone, Lampard is out of contract and Mikel is barely a fringe player and linked with moves to Inter.

Not sure how signing a 33 year old Tiago precludes us from involving young players next season.

I actually think this would be an excellent temporary signing. Tiago is not the best CM in the world, but he is quite complete and a pleasant guy.
Excluding any potential leadership-abilities from Lamps, Tiago would be the far better option on the pitch.

Ideally this would allow MVG to show whether he is ready to take the step up after his injury, while at the same time have a backup in Tiago.
I always approve of trying to use current resources while also having a contingency plan.

Should this not work out I'm pretty sure Pogba and Vidal will be where they are at for another season. PSG have Motta, Cabaye, Matuidi, Verratti, Rabiot and to some degree Luiz already.
This is not to say that I do not want Pogba now, but we must realize that problems can be resolved in more than one way.

Because Diego is a little baby and will cry if there aren't any friends of his with him at Chelsea, right?

It would make the transition easier, just like it does in the real world, school/work etc. Hence why the club houses the spanish & brazilians together (Luiz, Oscar etc all live in those apartments from their instagrams). Mata & Torres lived in the same complex before Torres bought his own place, it's the club that take care of that.

Could be a very decent signing, kind of like Flamini at Arsenal. Luiz has already left and it is looking more and more likely that Lampard and Mikel will be on their way out as well so we could really use a player like Tiago as a squad option. Matic / MvG / Ramires / Tiago plus some high profile CM signing would be a very good selection of midfielders.

Don't really see why it would hurt the chances of our youngsters either because it would only be for a year, two max. Would understand people complaining if we got some 25-28 year old squad player instead of trusting the youngsters but a 33-year-old Tiago would hardly make a difference in the long term chances of Chalobah / Ake / RLC / whoever.

R.I.P. sexy Chelsea football!

we havent sold Hazard ...........................................................................................................................................................................................

YET :ph34r:

Good player who plays in a position where we clearly lacked both depth and quality last season + he already knows the club. All that on a free transfer? Can't argue with that

As a Lampard/Mikel replacement it would be a great signing, I just hope we sign a world class central midfielder too, rather than opting for quantity as we have done in the past. If he's just making up the numbers I feel Van Ginkel and some of the youth team players could do that.

I'd much rather see: Matic, Pogba, Ramires, Tiago, Van Ginkel, Ake/Loftus-Cheek/Baker - as our central midfield options then say: Matic, Ramires, Lampard, Mikel, Tiago and Van Ginkel

If Jose starts the season with a midfield of Ramires, Matic, Lampard, Tiago, Van Ginkel/Chalobah, which means he isnt getting a top CM, he should take a little break from football imo. For me it will say the guy lost his touch. Im one of his biggest fans but i would not defend him anyomre if after a full season with that squad he decides to keep the same CMs and Tiago. It will be a hugh disappointment. And i cant believe some fans accept this horrible option. A new top CM this summer is more than a must, and its also a hugh thing for the future of this new team.

If Jose starts the season with a midfield of Ramires, Matic, Lampard, Tiago, Van Ginkel/Chalobah, which means he isnt getting a top CM, he should take a little break from football imo. For me it will say the guy lost his touch. Im one of his biggest fans but i would not defend him anyomre if after a full season with that squad he decides to keep the same CMs and Tiago. It will be a hugh disappointment. And i cant believe some fans accept this horrible option. A new top CM this summer is more than a must, and its also a hugh thing for the future of this new team.

Try not to look too far ahead in a window that isn't even open yet. There are a lot of things that will go on but it's easy to get caught up into what may, or may not happen. Trust Jose and the board to get it right and if they don't come the end of the window then we can start to worry. We are starting this window with 50M in the jar from the sale of Luiz plus whatever else we envisioned on spending.

I'm excited for the summer window because I trust everyone behind the scenes to get it right, not only that but to address the shortfalls of last season by buying the right players and delivering back the title to The Bridge.

^this.

lamps is a legend but this obsession is insane. people want lamps to get a contract extension even if it means us being in a worse position than last season in terms of CM options.

what i find funnier is people actually want to buy a new CB like varane/benatia to replace luiz when he has already being replaced by zouma but they dont want a new CM!!!!