Tiago

Spike

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes no sense. Disrupts the development of van Ginkel. Period.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you but there are mitigating circumstances at work here. Tiago is clearly a stop gap signing and MvG is coming off an injury ravaged season. The squad as a whole is losing experienced heads and Mourinho is under pressure to win something of relevance. It makes sense for him to look to a good player who's also been around the block and knows the manager's ways and demands (not just on the pitch, but dressing room etc) rather than place that responsibility on a promising youngster.

MvG (and Chalobah) would be better off on a loan somewhere challenging; it could serve as a preparatory ground for them to have their breakout seasons with us a year or two down the line while Tiago bridges that gap. We have a very good mix of options in the middle now with Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Mikel and Tiago.

Makes no sense. Disrupts the development of van Ginkel. Period.

This is the only reason I would not want him. Van Ginkel could be a great player for us. If I have to choose I want Van Ginkel to get his chances.

We don't even know if MVG will be with the squad next season. He hasn't played a competitive game in almost a year. We have no idea how he would perform. He might need a year on loan to get back to form.

On the other hand, you've got a proven CM who has won it all in 3 different top leagues. There's no comparison on what each brings to the team.

We don't even know if MVG will be with the squad next season. He hasn't played a competitive game in almost a year. We have no idea how he would perform. He might need a year on loan to get back to form.

On the other hand, you've got a proven CM who has won it all in 3 different top leagues. There's no comparison on what each brings to the team.

Why wouldn't he? Jose bought him. Isn't that what the pre season is for? Preparation? He was playing for the youth squads. He'll be ready.

Why wouldn't he? Jose bought him. Isn't that what the pre season is for? Preparation? He was playing for the youth squads. He'll be ready.

When a player is out for a year, he'll need more than a few friendlies and a couple of youth team matches to get back to match fitness. I think Jose will use preseason to judge him then decide whether or not to loan him out.

Like I said, we do lack experience in the squad and signing him just because he has won it all doesn't mean he will do well for us. I'm sure he'll be a decent squad player, but apart from that there's nothing more he provides in footballing terms, that we don't already have. It's like this-Eto'o has won it all and had we ended up with Cavani/Falcao/Lewandowski instead of him, we'd have won the League IMO. He was decent enough but not someone who provided that extra bit of something for us to win anything.

The dude's our own version of Flamini and v.Ginkel is our Ramsey. Who's your pick?

When a player is out for a year, he'll need more than a few friendlies and a couple of youth team matches to get back to match fitness. I think Jose will use preseason to judge him then decide whether or not to loan him out.

Ehh, we'll see. I think he'll stay.

Fair enough. Only problem is that he'll end up like Romeu. This bollocks loaning system of ours has to stop especially when such a move makes no sense to the club nor the player.

Fair enough. Only problem is that he'll end up like Romeu. This bollocks loaning system of ours has to stop especially when such a move makes no sense to the club nor the player.

Not really. Jose bought him for a reason, he's someone he rates obviously. If he didn't pick up an injury he'd have made more appearances, with the new MF players coming in and him coming back from a major layoff it would maybe make sense for a loan, like maybe an emergency 93 day loan or something to get him games and then take him back (Arsenal did something similar after Ramsey returned from breaking his leg) or maybe a full season depending on which team it is.

He was bought as a replacement for Lampard I think, they are both box to box midfielders who can score goals but Marco looks very comfortable in any midfield position as seen in the U21s World Cup before he came here, he was played as a 6 as well as an 8 so if he gets back to fitness and is in the 25 man squad he'll definitely feature even if we sign Tiago.

Ex-Blue, experienced, wants to play for us, no complaints to be a squad player, free, comparatively low wages, what's not to like?! People should quit FMing scouting "young gems" and know the football in real world.

How do you lot know that Mourinho actually wanted M. vanGinkel? Did I miss an interview or statement somewhere? because I was under the impression that vanGinkel was a player the scouts had been watching for a while and CFC decided to sign him.

He's been a free agent for a while now so I wonder why it's taking so long

Portugal central midfielder Tiago is to join on freedom of contract. #CFC (via @DuncanCastles) Link: http://www.oneworldsports.com/?cID=2288

As a free agent, maybe hes just deciding to have a couple of extra days and weeks of holiday.