Tiago

Spike

Unlike Frank, Tiago can play in a pivot. Plus, he's still performing at a higher level and more importantly doing so consistently, the think that Frank has struggled with most.

As for Chalobah, let's not kid ourselves, he won't be a part of the squad next season regardless of whether or not Tiago or anyone else joins.

It's more of what people would like to see rather than what will happen mate.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike Frank, Tiago can play in a pivot. Plus, he's still performing at a higher level and more importantly doing so consistently, the think that Frank has struggled with most.

As for Chalobah, let's not kid ourselves, he won't be a part of the squad next season regardless of whether or not Tiago or anyone else joins.

Jose has already said this would be his last season on loan and I've seen nothing to suggest that won't be the case. There is no reason to further loan him.

Not Chelsea quality, wasn't the first time around either. The fact people are now bringing up youths says it all really, nobody would be bringing 'youths' into the equation if the name above the thread was Modric. MVG, Ramires & Mikel will be adequate cover for 'Matic+New Signing'.

http://www.marca.com/2014/05/27/en/football/spanish_football/1401192876.html

How reliable is Marca? Either way, I'd like him here.

Not very reliable when it comes to Real Madrid's transfers at least. I would say semi-reliable. This deal though, I think it's very much possible. Tiago's out of contract, he's been a Chelsea player, he knows the manager... I can see Mourinho asking for him.

Whether we need him or not, he is a great player indeed and I have to say, selling David Luis for $50m and getting Tiago for free, businesswise this is magnificent work from our administration so far.

Not Chelsea quality, wasn't the first time around either. The fact people are now bringing up youths says it all really, nobody would be bringing 'youths' into the equation if the name above the thread was Modric. MVG, Ramires & Mikel will be adequate cover for 'Matic+New Signing'.

What's Chelsea quality nowadays? Who is this 'new signing'?

Mikel is looking like he's gone and he adds fuck all to our team so why wouldn't Tiago be better next season?

Jose has already said this would be his last season on loan and I've seen nothing to suggest that won't be the case. There is no reason to further loan him.

He also said that Kalas would get 20 starts this season and that Thorgan might be with the first team next season...That's just stuff he says to please supporters, don't take it so seriously.

Plus, even if he did mean that, he said it before the nightmare loan to Forrest and the average at best loan to Boro. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

He also said that Kalas would get 20 starts this season and that Thorgan might be with the first team next season...That's just stuff he says to please supporters, don't take it so seriously.

Plus, even if he did mean that, he said it before the nightmare loan to Forrest and the average at best loan to Boro. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Kalas broke his leg so that was hardly Jose's fault.

The Forest loan was a disaster, mainly because their manager was a twat but the Boro loan was a lot better. He simply shouldn't have been loaned to the Championship this season though and it would probably kill his career if it happened again next season. He needs to be playing and training with the first-team next year otherwise his career will irretrievably stall and I don't think anyone at the club wants to see that happen. He's too good for that, which is why I'd be surprised if he wasn't training with the club this summer and winning that spot.

What's Chelsea quality nowadays? Who is this 'new signing'?

Mikel is looking like he's gone and he adds fuck all to our team so why wouldn't Tiago be better next season?

Is he though?, there isn't really any strong links out there to suggest that, Mikel/Torres will both be here next season.

Tiago is the same age as Ashley Cole, he isn't going to add anything to our title assault, he'd be a one-season bench warmer in a side that has enough cover. We need a first teamer (even if it means splashing out on someone like Pogba), so Ramires can be a utility player.

Is he though?, there isn't really any strong links out there to suggest that, Mikel/Torres will both be here next season.

Tiago is the same age as Ashley Cole, he isn't going to add anything to our title assault, he'd be a one-season bench warmer in a side that has enough cover. We need a first teamer (even if it means splashing out on someone like Pogba), so Ramires can be a utility player.

Problem is, till now, all the signs indicate that Jose sees Rami as a starter and a key player as well.

Mikel and Torres have both been linked with Inter.

Tiago might be more than a bench warmer. He wasn't that for La Liga champions and the team that knocked us out of the Champions League and he's free. He could be the player who pushed Ramires out of the first-team.

Problem is, till now, all the signs indicate that Jose sees Rami as a starter and a key player as well.

He also told Demba Ba his situation would improve. If we added (at least) another high level youngster like MVG was, it would increase competition. Signing Tiago would CEMENT places in the squad, fucking freeze them.

Mikel and Torres have both been linked with Inter.

Tiago might be more than a bench warmer. He wasn't that for La Liga champions and the team that knocked us out of the Champions League and he's free. He could be the player who pushed Ramires out of the first-team.

So a 34 year old Tiago will be partnering Matic next season..

So a 34 year old Tiago will be partnering Matic next season..

Or competing with Van Ginkel, Chalobah, Ramires and Lampard for that spot.

Not sure how this creates any less competition than signing someone like Pogba. Signing Pogba basically puts a 21 year old and a 25 year old ahead of all of our youngsters. Signing Tiago gives those youngsters a chance whilst also giving us a safety net in case they don't pan out.

Or competing with Van Ginkel, Chalobah, Ramires and Lampard for that spot.

Not sure how this creates any less competition than signing someone like Pogba. Signing Pogba basically puts a 21 year old and a 25 year old ahead of all of our youngsters. Signing Tiago gives those youngsters a chance whilst also giving us a safety net in case they don't pan out.

Youngsters won't get a chance anyway (Loftus Cheek etc), Benayoun was always favoured over Kakuta, and he was a 'Tiago level' player. Hence the danger..

Mourinho can only work with what he has and if the club can't offload Mikel, he becomes an easy option for when we need to tighten things up.

Expierence is the most undervalued aspect of football, or is it a coincidence Arsenal kept falling epically while 20 year old Fabregas was the captain?

If Lamps goes Thiago can take the spot off the midfield veteran. Im all for giving youth a chance and i really want Chalobah building up some minutes next season but imagine this.........
CL semi at the Nou Camp, 1-0 down, 10 men, Matic pulls up. Eva instantly calls for a sub, who do we call upon? a 19 year old who is very talented and got a great future, but is in his first season at the top level and has mainly been playing cup games and league cameo's when the win's secure
or
an experienced international with 58 caps, won the title in 3 different countries, played in England, Italy, Portugal, France and Spain and will add some calm to a horrible looking situation.
Who would you choose in such extreme adversity. If this was fifa career mode, ill sign Vidal for 20m plus Torres, but sometimes an experienced bargain is the order off the day.