Tiago

Spike

I was watching a repeat of the Atletico defeat and still can't believe we turned down the opportunity to sign this guy on a free. He is like a hybrid of Matic and Fabregas - defensively sound, great passing and intelligence (exposed Hazard twice with 2 excellent passes that led to 2 goals), a leader and very experienced. He'd have been perfect for a midfield 3 in the big games.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching him against Madrid the other day just drove home yet again what a shame it is that we missed out on him in the summer. Would've been perfect for us. Mikel has his uses and anyone who's been here long enough will tell you I've defended him a lot but he's far too limited for an aspirational side like ours.

Watching him against Madrid the other day just drove home yet again what a shame it is that we missed out on him in the summer. Would've been perfect for us. Mikel has his uses and anyone who's been here long enough will tell you I've defended him a lot but he's far too limited for an aspirational side like ours.

Didn't rate him in his time here, the same for his period at Juve. But he's been absolutely brilliant at Atletico. Football's a funny game, a player can take huge leaps in his development even at a late age. I'd still take him in the summer btw, regardless of his age.

• 1 month later...

Why we didn't sign this guy ? Jeez, he is so perfect for that pivot. Through Fabregas walking yesterday I have a thoughts what a fantastic paring Tiago would do with Matic in the centre. That pressing ! Shame.

Perhaps he didnt want to leave? Agree, I eas hoping we could bring him too.

• 8 months later...