Tiago

Spike

This would be pointless and sum up why no youngster breaks into the first team here. With Luiz gone,Mikel looks like he is on his way and i can't see Lamps playing more than 25/30 games next year, it's perfect for the likes of MVG, Ake and Chalobah to break throug... Instead we would sign a 33yo to 'add depth' to the squad?? FUCK OFF!!! Give the younger guys a fucking chance for crying out loud!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be pointless and sum up why no youngster breaks into the first team here. With Luiz gone,Mikel looks like he is on his way and i can't see Lamps playing more than 25/30 games next year, it's perfect for the likes of MVG, Ake and Chalobah to break throug... Instead we would sign a 33yo to 'add depth' to the squad?? FUCK OFF!!! Give the younger guys a fucking chance for crying out loud!!!

I don't understand. Some people want to give youth a chance (which is fine) but also talk about us signing a £30 million+ midfielder??

If you want to give youngsters a chance then you have to do that whilst having a safety net if they struggle. Is Tiago on a one-year contract not perfect for that?

Tiago is experienced and provides leadership. He just had a great season, doesn't mean young guys won't get a shot, but it's better to have someone who's been there. And for free? Why not?

I hope he's not expecting a long contract.

I was very impressed by him when we played Atletico, he has more creativity and pass accuracy in him than what we currently have. He's a fine option to have for the short term especially as we're gonna need more experience with the legends on their way out. Wenger made a similar move with Flamini in the summer.

For free, I'm in for bringing him back. The youths are not gonna be given a chance regardless of him integrating the squad or not in my oppinion.

I'm happy to see the Chelsea youth get a chance, but I have doubts on Chalobah while McEachran and Ake don't look like players who will make it in the top tier of football. I think Boga and RLC have a better chance than any of the other three.

Tiago has better pass accuracy (or, he chooses the better ground passes from deeper areas) and better rhythm than anyone in CFC's squad aside from Matic in his role in front of the centre backs. And he's more experienced in this role than anyone CFC have.

Lampard, Matic, Ramires, Tiago, Van Ginkel, Chalobah.

Not going to please everyone but it's a decent selection.

I'm not sure Lamps is staying but we look quite short of quality if we look at squad depth. IMO only Matic and van ginkel are salvageable in the list. Ramires is a nutcase and I think Lamps - if kept - is for very specific kind of games... unfortunately he doesn't have the lungs and legs to all matches anymore or even all kind of opponents.

Chalobah being promoted is something we definitely won't see Mourinho doing. I'm not sure I'd like Tiago (although for free, I wouldn't mind), but I feel like having only Matic and Marco as good players (the latter even has to prove himself yet, but has potential, but it's unproved nonetheless) seems thin. Ofc Mou loves Ramires and he's not even staying, but he's a starting xi player, but I live in denial when it comes to Ramires and Mourinho

I don't understand. Some people want to give youth a chance (which is fine) but also talk about us signing a £30 million+ midfielder??

If you want to give youngsters a chance then you have to do that whilst having a safety net if they struggle. Is Tiago on a one-year contract not perfect for that?

Tiago is experienced and provides leadership. He just had a great season, doesn't mean young guys won't get a shot, but it's better to have someone who's been there. And for free? Why not?

Tiago would almost certainly be a squad player right? So he will be blocking the path of the younger guys.

TOPTB - i have talked about a world class partner for Matic. Not a squad player who wil block the path of the younger players. You talk of a ' safety net' if they struggle, Rami, Lamps and Matic... there is a safety net. We don't need another surely?

There has to be a time when the younger players actually get their chance. We put it off every year and it never happens. Tiago would be a step backwards in their developmennt imo.

Might as well just keep Mikel then.

He's shit though. Offers absolutely nothing in a team that isn't looking to defend a lead or (urgh...) park the bus.

Tiago is better defensively but also better going forward.

Chabolah being promoted is something we definitely won't see Mourinho doing. I'm not sure I'd like Tiago (although for free, I wouldn't mind), but I feel like having only Matic and Marco as good players (the latter even has to prove himself yet, but has potential, but it's unproved nonetheless) seems thin. Ofc Mou loves Ramires and he's not even staying, but he's a starting xi player, but I live in denial when it comes to Ramires and Mourinho

Ramires can do a job in certain games although I wouldn't be too sad to see him leave.

I disagree on the Chalobah thing though. If he impresses in the chances he gets then I think he's very much a Jose-type player. Physically strong, technically sound and Karanka has spoken highly of him. He just needs to apply himself over this summer.

Tiago would almost certainly be a squad player right? So he will be blocking the path of the younger guys.

TOPTB - i have talked about a world class partner for Matic. Not a squad player who wil block the path of the younger players. You talk of a ' safety net' if they struggle, Rami, Lamps and Matic... there is a safety net. We don't need another surely?

There has to be a time when the younger players actually get their chance. We put it off every year and it never happens. Tiago would be a step backwards in their developmennt imo.

Tiago may well start a few games. He started a lot for Atletico and did pretty well in a system that is similar to our's so why not? Lamps started more than half our PL games last season so he could take those if Lamps left, whilst the younger guys could get the minutes that Mikel, Luiz and Ramires got.

Buying a player under the age of 25 for £30 million+ to play alongside Matic is a great way to stop any young players coming though. Getting a 33 year old on a free is probably less so.

I'm sure youngsters will get their chances at some point, but you can't say "no" to a free transfer that involves a guy who was a regular for a team that won the title in Spain and was two minutes away from lifting the Champions League trophy. Even if he is 33.

I'm sure youngsters will get their chances at some point, but you can't say "no" to a free transfer that involves a guy who was a regular for a team that won the title in Spain and was two minutes away from lifting the Champions League trophy. Even if he is 33.

That's the thing you can say 'No' then following that you say to Nathaniel….."Jump on board son"

Buying a player under the age of 25 for £30 million+ to play alongside Matic is a great way to stop any young players coming though. Getting a 33 year old on a free is probably less so.

That does make sense i have to admit lol.

I don't know then, for some reason it just doesn't make sense to me.

Matic and new player starting. Lamps, Rami and MVG as back up with Ake and Chalobah being given their fair share of games is how i would like to see it. But i hear what you're saying. Probably contradicting myself here lol.

I don't understand this deal because we already have a Thiago of our own and that is Frank Lampard but I guess Jose knows what he is doing. He's worked with him before and must have some reasons behind the move.

I think Tiago would come to replace Mikel. If Obi leaves we need an experienced player on the bench,

That's the thing you can say 'No' then following that you say to Nathaniel….."Jump on board son"

Yes, but at the same time you know things don't work this way. I mean, you can't have Matic - Vidal/Modric/Pogba as your regulars and Nate, Baker and van Ginkel on the bench. What if something happens to Matic and Vidal/Modric/Pogba before a title decider or a Champions League Final? Will those youngsters cope with the pressure? That's why you need some experienced guys on your bench.

Look at Barcelona - Cesc and Song on the bench. Real Madrid - Illara and Khedira. Bayern - great midfielders on the bench every game.

But I got your point, you know. I'm all for giving youngsters a chance, too and I dream at the day when Nate, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Swift, Boga, Solanke will all be on the pitch at the same time playing for Chelsea.

I don't understand this deal because we already have a Thiago of our own and that is Frank Lampard but I guess Jose knows what he is doing. He's worked with him before and must have some reasons behind the move.

Unlike Frank, Tiago can play in a pivot. Plus, he's still performing at a higher level and more importantly doing so consistently, the think that Frank has struggled with most.

As for Chalobah, let's not kid ourselves, he won't be a part of the squad next season regardless of whether or not Tiago or anyone else joins.