Chelsea v Brentford

Jase

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnbull /// Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand /// Luiz, Mikel /// Moses, Oscar, Benayoun/Marin /// Ba

Should be a walkover. I'll be pretty upset if we have to waste more effort for these amateurs.

disagree with using all 4 of our CB's in one game. apart from that the team is what I'd pick

Rafael Benitez [...] promises a strong line-up as we pursue a place in the last 16 of the FA Cup.

:banghead:

I'd play

---------Turnbull

Azpi---Iva----Terry---Bert

--------Luiz--Mikel--------

Moses----Oscar-----Marin

------------Ba---------------

will suffice to hammer Brentford. Send Lamps on in case we get a pen in the 2nd half.

Forgetting our meaningful guesses of what the lineup would be: what tactics do you wish we would employ against brentford?

Keep the ball, high tempo, quick passes and lots of movement. Ba will probably play so we should be fine on the movement front. Should really tire them out and we should be able to break them down in theory without too many problems... "In theory".

The attacking midfield needs to go for the jugular more than they did against Sparta. Hazard, Mata and Marin combined for 10 turnovers, only one shot on goal. They are handicapped with Torres who took 7 shots, only 3 on the mark. I know Ba should start vs Brentford, barring an excellent training display from Torres, ( I'm kidding ) but they should consider playing without one in Europa or at least make a cardboard cut out of Torres, same effect.

The attacking midfield needs to go for the jugular more than they did against Sparta. Hazard, Mata and Marin combined for 10 turnovers, only one shot on goal. They are handicapped with Torres who took 7 shots, only 3 on the mark. I know Ba should start vs Brentford, barring an excellent training display from Torres, ( I'm kidding ) but they should consider playing without one in Europa or at least make a cardboard cut out of Torres, same effect.

Yup, I've been saying play Cahill up front to hold up ball - good in the air, good strength and good technique!

It might just work lol

ANYTHING is better than Goldibollox even 10 men ;)