Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. High press, AM with more defensive duty and all, but it can work if Hazard alternates roles without the ball. The system is fluid enough to accommodate Reus.

Apart from Hazard, I just feel that the other wingers and attacking midfielders flatter to deceive one time too many times. The difference in quality between him and them is staggering sometimes, they're not on his wavelength.

Maybe absence of Costa made it more apparent, but still I want us to have another world class performer in those positions behind the striker.

Quite right although I'd say that we need two upgrades, not one.

Willian, Schurrle, and especially Oscar, have their backers; I might almost say their 'believers'. This is unsurprising; they are good players in possession and they make big contributions to Jose's ball recovery structure. The problem is that 'good' in possession is no longer good enough. We have grown and the level at which we must perform has grown with it. Great is the new good at Chelsea.

In my opinion Reus is great. It may be that we can't get this particular player but, whether we develop our own or buy them in, we need to trade in our good AMs for outstanding ones.

Willian and Schurrle are both not up to it in this Chelsea side. They'd be good for an Arsenal or Liverpool but I think they're depth at best. Reus would be perfect.

What? Totally disagree. IMO they are boy class, and I love 'em both.

Reus would be class, but not a chance in the world he'll leave Germany. He is going to Bayern!

Willian and Schurrle are both not up to it in this Chelsea side. They'd be good for an Arsenal or Liverpool but I think they're depth at best. Reus would be perfect.

Schurrle is a good winger with pace, good runs, crosses and can finish. Cesc loves to play with players like him. Salah has the same skillset and is better in dribbling but in terms of strength, not at the EPL level yet. Salah should work out too, like Schurrle did last year. Both are good to be our counter attacking weapons.

Willian is good/reasonable at RW but is better at the #10 position where Oscar plays now, Willian played for Shaktar mainly as their number ten and was superb, attacking wise. I would like to see Willian start some games as #10 with Hazard an Schurrle/Salah as the wingers, like last year against Stoke at home where he was the Motm.

Oscar is the true weak link in our team IMO, he is ok against small sides but in big games he is average. Yes, ok against Arsenal he was ok in helping the defence. But is that the only thing he can offer? With Cesc we already have a player like Oscar, but Cesc is much and much better. Oscar should be benched in big games and only play against small sides. If we really can get Reus, Oscar should be sold.

With the 6 attacking mids above mentioned, this would be superb:

Costa

Hazard-Willian-Reus

Matic Cesc

In bigger games we could do this:

Costa

Hazard Cesc Reus/Willian

Matic Ramires/Khedira (if he comes)

Schurrle is a good winger with pace, good runs, crosses and can finish. Cesc loves to play with players like him. Salah has the same skillset and is better in dribbling but in terms of strength, not at the EPL level yet. Salah should work out too, like Schurrle did last year. Both are good to be our counter attacking weapons.

Willian is good/reasonable at RW but is better at the #10 position where Oscar plays now, Willian played for Shaktar mainly as their number ten and was superb, attacking wise. I would like to see Willian start some games as #10 with Hazard an Schurrle/Salah as the wingers, like last year against Stoke at home where he was the Motm.

Oscar is the true weak link in our team IMO, he is ok against small sides but in big games he is average. Yes, ok against Arsenal he was ok in helping the defence. But is that the only thing he can offer? With Cesc we already have a player like Oscar, but Cesc is much and much better. Oscar should be benched in big games and only play against small sides. If we really can get Reus, Oscar should be sold.

With the 6 attacking mids above mentioned, this would be superb:

Costa

Hazard-Willian-Reus

Matic Cesc

In bigger games we could do this:

Costa

Hazard Cesc Reus/Willian

Matic Ramires/Khedira (if he comes)

Oscar the weak link? Oscar has been MOTM (or very close to) three out of the past five PL games and is finding some great form. I feel his form will only get better as the season progesses and the more he works with Fabregas. My only problem with Oscar is he has been lacking that creativity that Mata gave us in the final third, but it's pretty clear Mourinho wants him to work on his defensive game before he pushes forward and starts kicking screamers. Not only that Oscar is 23 whereas Willian is is 26. Oscar has a much higher ceiling and in three years time he will be double the player Willian is now.

Oscar the weak link? Oscar has been MOTM (or very close to) three out of the past five PL games and is finding some great form. I feel his form will only get better as the season progesses and the more he works with Fabregas. My only problem with Oscar is he has been lacking that creativity that Mata gave us in the final third, but it's pretty clear Mourinho wants him to work on his defensive game before he pushes forward and starts kicking screamers. Not only that Oscar is 23 whereas Willian is is 26. Oscar has a much higher ceiling and in three years time he will be double the player Willian is now.

I was more talking about our strongest line up facing strong sides in Europe. In smaller games I like Oscar too but in big games I don't think Oscar and Cesc should start together. Ramires (or another great b2b) is a must and so is Cesc.

I don't want to speak about potential because that is all speculation, you never know how a player will develop. In this moment Willian is better than Oscar.

Schurrle and Mikel for Reus. Yes I know. Wishful thinking.

How good is Reus making runs behind the lines compared to Schurrle? I am aware that they both provide speed and workrate whilst Reus is the more technical and clinical one. But Schurrle can make those delightful runs which, unfortunately, often leads to having the ball in the stands.

And more importantly, how good is he playing out of position on the right wing?

How good is Reus making runs behind the lines compared to Schurrle? I am aware that they both provide speed and workrate whilst Reus is the more technical and clinical one. But Schurrle can make those delightful runs which, unfortunately, often leads to having the ball in the stands.

He can play anywhere. At Gladbach he was playing right wing. When Herrmann came in, he started to drift left and in the middle. I think if comes, im gonna scream my balls, then I'd think that rotating him with Hazard and Oscar, will do. Draxler will come tho., if we are going for a German.

Honestly I'd rather keep Schurrle and trade away Willian or Salah. Schurrle is going through a bad patch but he isn't incapable of delivering. He's our only winger who is willing to constantly take risks in the final third (although he is going way overboard with the volume of unrealistic shots). He is also willing to be a super sub and we saw how effective he was for Germany in that role. Having someone like him is really crucial in the long run and provides more attacking options.

Reus is a dream. a luxury player but having another serious threat on the RW would be welcome.

Honestly I'd rather keep Schurrle and trade away Willian or Salah. Schurrle is going through a bad patch but he isn't incapable of delivering. He's our only winger who is willing to constantly take risks in the final third (although he is going way overboard with the volume of unrealistic shots). He is also willing to be a super sub and we saw how effective he was for Germany in that role. Having someone like him is really crucial in the long run and provides more attacking options.

Reus is a dream. a luxury player but having another serious threat on the RW would be welcome.

I kind of agree with that and that's the reason I was asking about Reus' ability to make similar effort to Schurrle on the pitch. So if we wanted to have Reus, it would have to be Oscar who we had to sacrifice, because Willian isn't going anywhere.

Costa

Hazard Reus
Willian
Matic Cesc
Would allow Willian play his favoured #10 role and he could become Di Maria-type player in the midfield for us. But I am not completely done with Oscar and I want to see how the lad develops in the future because the talent and the potential is there. Oscar + 15M for Reus and a buy-back clause for Oscar later on? :halo:

I kind of agree with that and that's the reason I was asking about Reus' ability to make similar effort to Schurrle on the pitch. So if we wanted to have Reus, it would have to be Oscar who we had to sacrifice, because Willian isn't going anywhere.

Costa

Hazard Reus

Willian

Matic Cesc

Would allow Willian play his favoured #10 role and he could become Di Maria-type player in the midfield for us. But I am not completely done with Oscar and I want to see how the lad develops in the future because the talent and the potential is there. Oscar + 15M for Reus and a buy-back clause for Oscar later on? :halo:

You do know Reus is available for £20m this summer right?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You