Chelsea v Wigan

Jase

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches in the Premier League.

Wigan have failed to win 11 of their last 12 matches in the Premier League.

Wigan have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Premier League

Wigan have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Premier League.

eb39786aa65e330d7558252d6a9d2b6f.png?135

-whocored.com

All this points to us definitely losing

Cech

Azpilicueta Ivanovic Terry Cole

Ramires

Oscar Hazard

Mata

Torres Ba

Bench: Turnbull Cahill Luiz Bertrand Lampard Benayoun Marin

Diamond 4-4-2. Convert to 4-2-3-1 with Oscar in pivot and Torres on the wing if we need to consolidate. Torres can't do worse than Marin on the wing

Cech

Ramires

Oscar Hazard

Mata

Torres Ba

Diamond 4-4-2. Convert to 4-2-3-1 with Oscar in pivot and Torres on the wing if we need to consolidate. Torres can't do worse than Marin on the wing

You want us to leak more goals than we already do?

Cech

Ramires

Oscar Hazard

Mata

Torres Ba

Hazard to play as a LCM?? Oh that is gonna work out well...

You want us to leak more goals than we already do?

Hazard to play as a LCM?? Oh that is gonna work out well...

wide diamond with Hazard on the left and Oscar on the right.

don't think we can leak more goals than we already are. also, playing 2 strikers doesn't mean, we are gonna get ripped apart in defence. Our problem with protecting leads is that we go deeper and deeper late in the game when Hazard or Oscar would've been subbed for Ryan 'Winger' Bertrand. 2 strikers can keep the pressure on opposition. Don't see why we can't make 4-4-2 work. No harm in trying when we've been pathetic of late.

wide diamond with Hazard on the left and Oscar on the right.

don't think we can leak more goals than we already are. also, playing 2 strikers doesn't mean, we are gonna get ripped apart in defence. Our problem with protecting leads is that we go deeper and deeper late in the game when Hazard or Oscar would've been subbed for Ryan 'Winger' Bertrand. 2 strikers can keep the pressure on opposition. Don't see why we can't make 4-4-2 work. No harm in trying when we've been pathetic of late.

We already have problems controlling the midfield with Ramires and Lampard in the pivot and now you're suggesting us to play Ramires alone in that midfield?!

As I said before, it's not about the formation here, it's about the application of players. Most of the goals we conceded in recent times have been down to mistakes from players, nothing to do with the formation whatsoever.

Here is my outlook on this game.

Since all the players know Rafa is not staying they will walk about leisurely.

There is no desire by anyone to work under him anymore. Therefore, I assume the players will not play their hardest & Rafa is history by Monday.

We already have problems controlling the midfield with Ramires and Lampard in the pivot and now you're suggesting us to play Ramires alone in that midfield?!

As I said before, it's not about the formation here, it's about the application of players. Most of the goals we conceded in recent times have been down to mistakes from players, nothing to do with the formation whatsoever.

who says we need 2 defense-minded midfielders? 2 in the pivot need not necessarily drop deep and shield the back four. we have done well with only Essien as our DM not so long ago

2 CDM's maybe necessary for the current team, but when things are not working out, change is needed. go back to Carlo's 4-4-2

who says we need 2 defense-minded midfielders? 2 in the pivot need not necessarily drop deep and shield the back four. we have done well with only Essien as our DM not so long ago

Yes, Essien played in DM before but then, he has the likes of Lampard, Ballack or someone playing in front of him to connect the midfield and attack. Playing Ramires alone in that midfield would mean we have to rely on our wide players to initiate attacks and we will be overrun in that midfield with only Ramires playing in there. Either play the narrow diamond midfield or don't bother playing it at all.

2 CDM's maybe necessary for the current team, but when things are not working out, change is needed. go back to Carlo's 4-4-2

Yes, I agree with you but the problem is we don't have many options now to really be changing things around. And even then, had our players done their job properly and see out games, we wouldn't be sitting down here talking about changing formations etc.

We should win this one, because if we don't Rafa will probably get crucified. I'm glad the team can finally have a break after so many matches in 2 months and now with all the players recharged and fresh, especially Hazard, there will be no excuses.

We should win this one, because if we don't Rafa will probably get crucified. I'm glad the team can finally have a break after so many matches in 2 months and now with all the players recharged and fresh, especially Hazard, there will be no excuses.

But what if the players on the team also know it takes only one more loss to finally get rid of rafa .... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I honestly doubt the players are supporting Rafa. When one deals with the coach who is not wanted, then he may not play his hardest. The first thing the players hear are boos when they trot on the pitch. How do you play under these circumstances ?

Here is my outlook on this game.

Since all the players know Rafa is not staying they will walk about leisurely.

There is no desire by anyone to work under him anymore. Therefore, I assume the players will not play their hardest & Rafa is history by Monday.

Nope, he will be history after the West Brom game. :rolleyes:

^^ players not supporting this or that manager is unacceptable, as they are well-paid professional footballers. This suggests the board and the owner don't give enough power to the manager. Start fining players for shitty uninterested performances and we will see who is who.

However, I fear some players are really performing at their limit, and just aren't good enough to give Chelsea an edge over their opponents; some of them because too young others because of lack of quality.