Chelsea v Wigan

Jase

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches in the Premier League.

Wigan have failed to win 11 of their last 12 matches in the Premier League.

Wigan have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Premier League

Wigan have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Premier League.

eb39786aa65e330d7558252d6a9d2b6f.png?135

-whocored.com

Our circus has to stop sooner or later. Benitez liked using moses ahead of oscar, results were okay at that time because of the width and more direct play with hazard and moses from the flanks. Now he doesn't have that and his managerial incompetence is exposed. I hope liverpools poor mentallity doesn't creep into our team, it will be awful.

Mikel and Moses should be back for this one. Right? What are their chances of beating Ivory Coast today in the QFs?
With Hazard and Azpi also back in contention, we can finally get back on track. HOPEFULLY.

So we have a weeks rest now? oh shit i forgot we have some really important International Friendlies midweek dont we! ffs anyway we will win this game and we will remember how it feels to win again i'm sure. Arsenal are away to Sunderland, they usually struggle there. If we win and they lose i will be ridiculously overjoyed lol.

Hopefully Wigan get the backlash. Still, didn't we have them at home last season saying that and we fluked a last minute offside winner? lol. Ok 1-0.

Barring that 8-0 thrashing of Wigan under Ancelotti, our home Premier League games against Wigan have often been tight.

05/06: 1-0 win

06/07: 4-0 win

07/08: 1-1 draw

08/09: 2-1 win

09/10: 8-0 win

10/11: 1-0 win

11/12: 2-1 win

4 of those 6 wins have been 1 goal margin.

HOPEFULLY NO INJURIES FROM INTERNATIONALS :sweating:

Hazard is back which is great news, so no more bertrand on the left wing and it will probably be the return of mazacar, and hopefully Ba will be able to play, so that 4 should be good. Defensive midfield will still be a big problem, but hopefully we should be able to defend against wigan, but i won't hold my breath. MUST WIN, as there is a 2 week period between the next prem game vs MAN CITY, and we want to at least keep our advantage otherwise we could end up not winning 2 more prem games and find ourselves out the top 4.

Barring that 8-0 thrashing of Wigan under Ancelotti, our home Premier League games against Wigan have often been tight.

05/06: 1-0 win

06/07: 4-0 win

07/08: 1-1 draw

08/09: 2-1 win

09/10: 8-0 win

10/11: 1-0 win

11/12: 2-1 win

4 of those 6 wins have been 1 goal margin.

At least they have been wins... I miss the good old days were we got a lead and then shut up shop. Those were good times. :)

At least they have been wins... I miss the good old days were we got a lead and then shut up shop. Those were good times. :)

They might have been wins but those 1 goal margin wins showed it's tough to play against Wigan and given our current form now, you have to worry if we can even by 1 goal.

Rather than those good old those of scoring us and shutting up shop, I miss those days when our team was defensively sound to keep teams out. Now, we are just a bunch of softies.