Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather Torres. You saw what happened last night when Torres wasn't in the box to defend...

:Goober:

Well lets play him in the pivot then with lampard, he could have been playing in the wrong position his whole career lol.

Torres does still have decent pace, you can't deny that. Doesn't make him a good footballer though.

Anyone remember quite recently the Arsenal game where he surged past Vermaelen (who isn't a slouch himself) only to mess it up by completely overrunning it? Again, he does have pace to a certain extent, but it seems like he's completely forgotten how to exploit it.

Torres has pace? He couldn't even get past a 35 year old Ryan Nelsen!

Agreed, imo the lack of pace (and acceleration) is the main reason for Torres' ineffectiveness.

His low confidence stems from his newfound inability to go past his man.

At the moment, we are point 4 points ahead of Spurs, 5 clear of Everton and 8 ahead of Arsenal. And their games this weekend are:

Everton v Aston Villa (sure home win?)

Arsenal v Stoke (another sure home win?)

West Brom v Tottenham (tricky game for Spurs but West Brom are on a free fall a bit at the moment)

At the moment, we are point 4 points ahead of Spurs, 5 clear of Everton and 8 ahead of Arsenal. And their games this weekend are:

Everton v Aston Villa (sure home win?)

Arsenal v Stoke (another sure home win?)

West Brom v Tottenham (tricky game for Spurs but West Brom are on a free fall a bit at the moment)

i know stoke dont have the best record at emirates plus suprisingly they are leaking goals, but SURE is going a bit too far for me. :)

i know stoke dont have the best record at emirates plus suprisingly they are leaking goals, but SURE is going a bit too far for me. :)

It's not just that. Stoke are extremely average away from home than at the Britannia.

It's not just that. Stoke are extremely average away from home than at the Britannia.

But we are shit on Wednesday and it does not mean we cant win.............hang on!

Seriously now, I cant see them droping points and us winning. :(