Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt that during Marin's injury period? Can't remember.

Marin returned in September but he didn't get a single start in over two months and only came on as a sub once or twice. His first start for Chelsea was against Leeds under Benitez.

Benitez prefers at least one of his wingers to be a hard working player who doesn't do anything fancy. At Liverpool Dirk Kuyt was one of the first names on his teamsheet. Sucks for Marin, but that's just the way it is at the moment.

Cesar gets a well deserved rest and Ivan gives us more aerial threat defending/set pieces, JT is back but Bertrand and Oscar on wings don't really make me feel confident, both playing out of positions. I know we don't got much to do atm but having a go with Marin and/or Benayoun could be an option till Moses and Hazard return.

Marin returned in September but he didn't get a single start in over two months and only came on as a sub once or twice. His first start for Chelsea was against Leeds under Benitez.

Benitez prefers at least one of his wingers to be a hard working player who doesn't do anything fancy. At Liverpool Dirk Kuyt was one of the first names on his teamsheet. Sucks for Marin, but that's just the way it is at the moment.

You're forgetting that he reinjured himself and didn't come back until late October/early November

Our right hand side will be pretty non existant, with oscar dropping inside a lot as he is obviously not a winger and Ivan not going up and down the wing as much as Azpi. Still we look at least in theory much more defensivley solid with JT back in there, and hopefully Mata and Oscar can find Ba as much as possible, as if we can create them he SHOULD be able to put some away.

I'm actually starting to imagine that someone higher up has force Di Matteo and Benitez to play Ryan on the wing..

Its almost impossible for these managers to make this daft decision over and over again..

I don't see why anyone "above" would think that. They just see a Left back with lots of pace and doing the same thing ashley cole has done his whole career but further up the pitch. I get the theory, as it seems like a good idea. The beneifts of a winger with the benefits of a defensive player as well, but it just doesn't really work in practice. But other than Marin we have no other options to play there, so i think that decision could maybe be excused... Hazard and Moses returning can't come soon enough. I have missed our belgian magician, and Moses gives us something we don't have... Anyone know when his ETA is?

I'm actually starting to imagine that someone higher up has forced Di Matteo and Benitez to play Ryan on the wing..

Its almost impossible for these managers to make this daft decision over and over again..

marina thinks his surname is GIGGS

You're forgetting that he reinjured himself and didn't come back until late October/early November

I know. He returned mid September and only got a few minutes against Wolves in the League Cup but not a single appereance in the PL or CL. Then he got injured again and returned in October but RDM still didn't fancy him at all. Piazon played some cup games on the left wing and Bertrand got the occasional cameo as a winger but Marin didn't play at all. I despise Benitez and like most of you know I will use anything I can to talk shit about him but Marin's lack of playing time doesn't cut it because Di Matteo did just the same.