Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle just won their first game in awhile on Tuesday and will be boosted by their recent signings as well. Not exactly looking forward to this.

On the slight positive note, at least Ba should be starting this one.

Preparing for the worst. The depth of their squad and quality is just impressive. Hopefully we can pick ourselves up after the draw that felt like a loss and show some desire. If Hazard's 3 match ban stays and isn't extended, it's his last game out, thank god.

Chelsea are undefeated in their last 6 away matches against Newcastle United in all competitions.

Chelsea are undefeated in their last 5 away matches in the Premier League.

Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 away matches against Newcastle United in all competitions.

123e60caed33b8f77a822f4a32606cb7.png?135

-whoscored.com

Newcastle just won their first game in awhile on Tuesday and will be boosted by their recent signings as well. Not exactly looking forward to this.

On the slight positive note, at least Ba should be starting this one.

True enough, but they were awful in the 2nd half (sound familiar? sigh). Also, the recent signings probably won't probably have gelled yet. These points aside, I share your lack of optimism.

No Bertrand please.

I would play Torres and Ba. With a specific role for Torres on the left, Debuchy is not good against forward with a bit of pace.

Torres has pace? He couldn't even get past a 35 year old Ryan Nelsen!

Not great pace but more than Debuchy.

But it's not only Torres that can exploit Debuchy weaknesses.

If I was Benitez, I would target Debuchy's zone when we attack, we will have free-kicks, opportunities behind his back, can slow him down quite easily when he's in possession of the ball.

If we keep on starting Torres ahead of Ba his morale is going to drop surely? Especially as he can see Torres isn't effective up front alone. Ba is a must, also players that return to their previous clubs always seem to score against them.....Lets do this KTBFFH :cfc:

With Mikel, Moses, Luiz, Hazard back.

I think we should try a 4-3-3.

We could rotate Hazard Mata Moses as inside forward on either side of the pitch.

Luiz, Lampard, Oscar, Ramires in the two more advanced player of the three in midfield.

Sorry wrong topic.

It was meant to go in the "will we finish in top 4" and I think yes.