Brentford v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's his fault that the players have been shit?

This hasnt got to do with Benitez. Would be dumb thinking so.

What this is, is that we seriouley lack heart and passion for the team. We really do. Im sad to say but many in our team are just overpaid footballers. They arent blue yet.

Exactly YouNameIt, but the job of the manager is also to inspire his players, to make them want to win, to put the effort in even against the smallest of teams. I don't know about you, but the last thing Benitez does is strike me as the inspiring type. It's like what I was trying to say the other week, the players just seem to get tactics from Benitez and not much else input; then Materazzi seemed to confirm my suspicions:

“A great boss like Marcello Lippi or Mourinho knows how to get their demands across to a dressing room whereas Benitez, he wanted to put them all in writing, 10 or 12 rules - like the Highway Code, or being at school!"

I just hope Benitez goes to Madrid or anywhere except here for next season. I don't care who we get, because, at the moment, he isn't much (if at all) an improvement on RDM.

Edit: Also, RDM seemed to rely on his ability to inspire the players, to have their respect; In no way was he tactically inept, but he was just not at Chelsea's level, especially when we didn't have Drogba as an outlet. Whereas Benitez is by far tactically superior to RDM, he does not inspire them. We've just gone from one extreme to the other. Imagine what we could do with a manager that had both attributes?

For the record, I put our better second half performance down to Mata alone, and Benitez only made that change because he desperately wants a trophy to show Roman at the end of the season. If this were a league match, do you think he would've made that sub? Would he fuck.

Exactly YouNameIt, but the job of the manager is also to inspire his players, to make them want to win, to put the effort in even against the smallest of teams. I don't know about you, but the last thing Benitez does is strike me as the inspiring type. It's like what I was trying to say the other week, the players just seem to get tactics from Benitez and not much else input; then Materazzi seemed to confirm my suspicions:

I just hope Benitez goes to Madrid or anywhere except here for next season. I don't care who we get, because, at the moment, he isn't much (if at all) an improvement on RDM.

I totally agree! I also remember Zlatan writing in his book that Mourinho was a manager that he could go out on the pitch and die for. Thats the kind of manager we need.

We don't care about Rafa

He don't care about us

All we care about is Chelsea FC

what is it with native speakers that makes them not use "doesn't"? i noticed it in majority of chants and films etc that they say "he dont".

non-standard English?

haven't heard about that. thanks!

We football supporters aren't renound for our grammar.

yeah, but "to be" and "to do" are your two most used verbs, so I thought there was some deeper meaning in the wrong use. ;)