Benat

Joker10

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Benat a lot but feel the club invested heavily in Oscar to become the deep lying playmaker, which will probably happen next season.

didnt oscar mentioned this in an early interview?? not sure what exactly he said but something in the lines of this.

He does but look at how he plays for Brazil. He runs the show from deep but advances way too often to be deemed a deep lying playmaker. That's where he is best, in advanced positions.

Oscar has almost everything benat has but since he has played as an AM all the time, he will always have a knack for going foward. That pivot needs positional discipline which will take a few matches for oscar to develop and I'm not sure how long a spell he will get there.

La Liga

Guillem Balague

Beñat and Chelsea

Lots of rumours of a supposed interest of Chelsea for Beñat. His buy out clause is 20 million euros and Betis do not want to reduce a single penny of it as it will take them out of the pre-bankrupcy state they are in (they are in the hands of administrators). Wolfsburg tried to sign him in the summer but their offer was not accepted as it didn't reach the buy out clause

I am convinced he can go for around 12-15 millions euros.

The truth is that no offer has arrived from Chelsea and they have not approached the player. Sometimes a rumour about a possible interest comes from the club itself, it is a way of a saying he is for sale, and other clubs are interested.. so you better keep moving if you want him. Something like that is happening.

Athletic Bilbao have shown interest but are not willing to pay his buy out clause

Beñat reminds me of Arteta and he would add a lot to a club like Everton, even Swansea, Spurs... His talent distributing the ball from the centre of midfield makes up for his slight physique.

So no contact from Chelsea yet. Early days for the transfer window and I am sure we will hear more on this story in the next few days

La Liga

Guillem Balague

Beñat and Chelsea

I am convinced he can go for around 12-15 millions euros.

12-15m sounds about right but 20m is too much. On any account we seem to not have made any contact yet so it's too early to talk about fees.

• 2 months later...

He has played some games this season where his pass completion was less than adequate. Hanging around 50%. Picks up a lot of yellows too.

Inconsistent, indiscipline, has no defensive game. Classy on the ball, plays some show reel passes, and can deliver a mean set piece. Should steer clear unless a manager is brought in who can improve his game drastically.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You