Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I have already said I would be contented with a draw, but if we go to Everton and win we must be again considered as title challengers.

Especially with the manchester teams struggling lately (Manure seems to be getting by more on luck than dominating their opponents) and Chelsea keep looking better and better.

Especially with the manchester teams struggling lately (Manure seems to be getting by more on luck than dominating their opponents) and Chelsea keep looking better and better.

Lately? Manure have been shit and lucky all season!

Nope, the table shows it aswell.

When it comes to quality you need to look at the table in the end of the season. Plus Everton started very well for them, we're playing a new system. Our players are better and more talented then Everton's players in every position, besides the striker maybe, and we have much better squad. So no, its not "small", but they are a good team and in their stadium we could lose and it wouldnt be a surprise at all.

I know I have already said I would be contented with a draw, but if we go to Everton and win we must be again considered as title challengers.

IF Manure had draw on the 26th I would consider us title contenders already. I know both Manchester teams would still be favorites, but we would be in the race!

This is the most important game for Rafa (in England) yet, it will be a really good game to judge him. A draw is a good result for a top4 aspiration, but a win is a must if Benitez honestly believes we can be champions.

I do fear for our chances though, each week there are less games for our rivals to lose points. In my opinion, it depends more on Manure losing than us winning.

I am expecting a very open game, Everton 1-2 Chelsea.

I think we really need to pin Baines back like another poster said with Moses and possible Ramires playing with Luiz in this one.

The worst thing we could do is play a defensive minded pivot I'd much prefer Ramires and Luiz in there due to the engine of Ramires running forward into space with Moses/Apzi against Baines. I really think that it can be done down their left side. Baines has created so many chances for them this season.

Not really. Not unless we add a CM/DM and more important than anything, a striker who can regularly score goals against weaker and stronger teams.

That's one of, if not the largest contributing factors to the start of our rot. Goals started drying up and our midfielders couldn't keep picking up Torres's goal burden. We're back on Track now that Nando is scoring. Its no coincidence.

If we add Those two things in January and are within, say 8 points of the top, then we are an outside chance at the title. Although admittedly City look a shadow of the team they were last year (I think we can steamroll them for 2nd place). It's ManUre who look so formiddable (Attacking wise). They are like a machine at the moment.

Provisional squads:

Everton: Howard, Mucha, Neville, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Naismith, Osman, Gibson, Pienaar, Jelavic, Heitinga, Hitzlsperger, Oviedo, Barkley, Vellios, Gueye, Duffy, Anichebe.

Chelsea: Cech, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Bertrand, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Moses, Marin, Piazon, Torres, Turnbull.

Huge relief Mirallas is out. His pace has been terrorizing defenders this season. I hope we can win this match, always a tough match for us but wiht our momentum and stronger squad going into the game I think we will win this one. I would prefer to see Lampard on the bench for this match.