Everton v Chelsea

Jase

They don't have that git Saha anymore. he would always score against us. also, Everton are missing Gibson and Fellaini in the middle of the park. don't think there is a better time to face them. should go for the win. can't remember the last time we won there. 3-2 was it? under Jose. Ballack, Lampard and Drogba stunners from Long range

No. No. No...

Last time we beat Everton at Goodison in the league was back in the 07/08 season. Essien scored the only goal that day in a 1-0 win.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we are facing Everton this Sunday, our nearby rivals' fixtures are:

Manchester United v West Brom

Norwich v Manchester City

Sunderland v Tottenham

Arsenal v Newcastle

I can see at least two of them dropping points...hopefully.

They don't have that git Saha anymore. he would always score against us. also, Everton are missing Gibson and Fellaini in the middle of the park. don't think there is a better time to face them. should go for the win. can't remember the last time we won there. 3-2 was it? under Jose. Ballack, Lampard and Drogba stunners from Long range

edit: i see it's the 1-0 in 07-08

That 3-2 match is one of my all time favorite Chelsea matches. 3 moments of brilliance won us the game. Good times :)

EDIT: This one:

GUYZ WE CANNOT AFFORD TO DRAW! We have to win! Ik the title race seems over but (remember last season). If we keep battling we could have a shot at it!

Everton might be tough guyz but we r still the better side and we have to believe in our talent and win! If we play well we can beat them because after all we have better players.

That 3-2 match is one of my all time favorite Chelsea matches. 3 moments of brilliance won us the game.

yep. Unstoppable shots and the Drogba celebration ripping up the Goodison pitch. epic moment

I can see at least two of them dropping points...hopefully.

That 3-2 match is one of my all time favorite Chelsea matches. 3 moments of brilliance won us the game. Good times :)

EDIT: This one:

Absolutely love that match, but not the kits that were used.. That wasn't easy on the eyes.

We've had 59 shots in our last 3 games in all comps. Everton have had 45.

We've had 25 on target. Everton have had 12.

We've scored 14 goals. Everton have scored 5.

We've conceded 1 goal. Everton have conceded 3.

Everton have only been able to win by 1 goal at most in their last few wins. We of course won by 8 goals and scored 4 more goals than Leeds United.

Everton's scoring threat (aside from Jelavic) who is Fellaini; is out for this game. We've got everyone available aside from Terry I believe.

Looking at stats, it would seem the following are likely scenarios:-

A tight, low-scoring (if any goals at all) 1st half. Over 2.5 goals in the second half.

Everton will be bad at defending against long-shots.

Our defence will have a little bit of trouble on the wings, but Everton will find themselves offside more than they'd like. They'll likely throw Baines forward to whip in crosses, but this'll leave space behind him for Moses (who I assume will be starting) to exploit.

Jelavic will likely score a headed goal from a set-piece if Luiz is slotted into central defence (in my opinion).

Hazard will win a penalty.

Prediction:- Everton 1 - 2 Chelsea

Hello chaps, I think you will find the game will be more comfortable than you think, this is exactly how its going to go.

Fast paced direct football from everton for the first 10 minutes, couple of set pieces early on lots of physical cahllenges, and if they do not score then the following is likely going to happen.

Chelsea keep possession about 58%, and then create about 6 clear chances during the game and take 2-3 of them ,

Its typical everton , Everton have only beaten rafa twice in the league and have lost 8 times to him, he knows how to play them, it be more comfortable than you think.

No feilani, means more good news, keep baines occupied with Hazard, and pienar through Moses, and thats Everton done.

after the first 10 minutes, they will not play any football, they will defend play on the counter attack, Chelsea's movements and use of the ball will be key as you will have loads of the ball, it be a home game.

Hello chaps, I think you will find the game will be more comfortable than you think, this is exactly how its going to go.

Fast paced direct football from everton for the first 10 minutes, couple of set pieces early on lots of physical cahllenges, and if they do not score then the following is likely going to happen.

Chelsea keep possession about 58%, and then create about 6 clear chances during the game and take 2-3 of them ,

Its typical everton , Everton have only beaten rafa twice in the league and have lost 8 times to him, he knows how to play them, it be more comfortable than you think.

No feilani, means more good news, keep baines occupied with Hazard, and pienar through Moses, and thats Everton done.

after the first 10 minutes, they will not play any football, they will defend play on the counter attack, Chelsea's movements and use of the ball will be key as you will have loads of the ball, it be a home game.

Assistant of Rafa or what :P