Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a very tough game. Although I think Moses could be very dangerous in this one if we can counter quickly and catch Baines out of position. It will be interesting to see if Ramires or Lampard come back into midfield or if Luiz will play alongside Mikel again.

Here's a couple of stats on this game:

1. Chelsea have only won 7 of their 20 Premier League clashes against Everton at Goodison Park - P20 W7 D7 L6.

2. SIX of the seven Chelsea league wins at Goodison have all been won by 1-goal margin.

3. Chelsea are winless in their last 4 Premier League visits to Goodison Park, losing the last 3. Last time they won there was back in the 07/08 season. Came away with a 1-0 victory.

4. Everton have only lost 2 of their last 28 Premier League matches - W13 D13 L2.

5. Everton have only lost 2 of their last 21 Premier League matches at Goodison Park - W13 D6 L2. Arsenal were the last team to beat Everton at Goodison as they won 1-0 back in March earlier this year.

6. Everton and Stoke City are the only 2 sides left with unbeaten home record in the Premier League this season - both P9 W5 D4.

7. Rafa Benitez won 4 of the 6 Premier League meetings against Everton at Goodison Park during his time at Liverpool - W4 L2.

8. Gary Cahill has scored more goals against Everton than against any other teams in the Premier League - 3. He scored the winner for Bolton in January 2012 when they came from behind to win 2-1 against Everton at Goodison.

Even though, Everton will be a tough cookie to crack, I believe Chelsea are playing much better, lately.

The way I see it, a close hard fought game but Chelsea will prevail & win it at the end. At least, I hope so.

If Luiz plays as a midfielder again he has to have a bit better game than against Norwich.

I see a few chances in this game & the team must convert them, be clinical.

Chelsea are winless in their last 4 Premier League visits to Goodison Park, losing the last 3. Last time they won there was back in the 07/08 season. Came away with a 1-0 victory.

Didn't we beat them in the Carling cup there last season? Or did we win on pens? I can't remember.

Yup. We won 2-1 there AET last season. Did mention that was in the PL only though.

I know I was just asking. No need to give me that look...

I think, with a game in hand, we can afford a draw here. One of the toughest places to go in the league and a point would keep us 3rd. I'd take a draw right now.