Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot depends on who starts at right-back, but personally I'd like to see Luiz and Rami given a go. Tiredness might be an issue but Luiz has shown enough in the last few outings to be trusted with another game.
Depending on how fit Rami is after his injury, I would say Mikel and Rami in the pivot.

Azpilicueta should definitely start at RB imo. And i think Lampard will start after being rested against Norwich, so the other spot will be Rambo/Mikel/Luiz.

Get Moses and Hazard to run at Baines and Neville/Coleman, just keep pinning their wingers and fullbacks back. Should win I think even though Everton are a good team but stopping Baines adventuring forward will restrict a great deal of their attack imo. Hes a key player for them, no doubt about it, his link up with Pienaar is good but if Moses can keep him defending rather than attacking it will give us a greater chance of winning. Osman in the middle will be dangerous too but if we restrict Everton playing through the wings with Baines and Pienaar especially it will be a big plus.

A loss would be really embarassing...

I wouldn't go that far. Everton are a very good team that are playing well this season and they have been our bogey team for the past 6 or 7 years. On top of all that, it's at Goodison Park. It's not going to be an easy game, that's for sure.

I wouldn't go that far. Everton are a very good team that are playing well this season and they have been our bogey team for the past 6 or 7 years. On top of all that, it's at Goodison Park. It's not going to be an easy game, that's for sure.

Im not saying that theyre a bad team or that its not a tough game. But we cannot lose this game and drop in the league.

Im not saying that theyre a bad team or that its not a tough game. But we cannot lose this game and drop in the league.

No, we can't afford to lose any games, I agree with you there. But losing to Everton would not be embarrassing. Almost everyone expects this to be a tough game, even with Fellaini and Gibson out.

The result will be very critical to determine whether we'll be Title contenders or not. if we lose it we'll be fighting for a champions league place for the rest of the season. However, if we win it we might fight for the title.

(Yes, i'm an optimist person).