Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot will come down to what Rafa does on the right side of our team. Baines is key for them so whoever plays right-wing will be expected to track back, and we've seen that he seems to trust Moses to do that. This will also be Azpi's first big test, if he's picked to play and he's going to have to have a monster game.

Midfield is a tricky one. Luiz didn't have his best game against Norwich but really improved when Mikel went off. Hopefully Rami will be back in the squad for this one.

Personally, I would be more cautious in predicting this game.

Currently, Everton is playing rather well. Chelsea needs to be at the best for this game, I feel.

Most of all, any chance must be converted. Hazard needs to play much better here, too.

Perhaps, Rafa comes up with some decent strategy & the team will win.

:lol: What is wrong with you?!

My doctor says it's some kind of genetic mutation from birth. I'm practically not human.

I wonder if the people who complained about us winning 1-0 yesterday would be so adverse to a repeat scoreline here?

I personally wouldn't be too dissatisfied with a draw. Goodison is a horrible place to go to.

Would take a draw that would keep us in 3rd right now. Everton might be weakened with injuries and suspensions but are still capable of beating anyone.

As already mentioned in this thread, their source of danger will be the left wing. Moses MUST start on the right to help Azpi. I would like something like:

Cech

Azpi-Iva-Cahil-Cole

Lamps-Mikel

Moses-Mata-Hazard

Torres

If Chelsea were to win 1 nil, who could complain, then ?

Personally, I will take any score, as long as Chelsea wins. Even a draw might not be too bad.

Just keep in mind, Everton is playing some fine football, this season, so far.

As for Moses helping out Azpi, not sure whether he will play on that side though.

Many folks keep telling me, the Blues are beating weaker teams, lately.

If the team can manage to squeeze a win here, then Chelsea are back to challenge for PL title, I feel.

A great confidence builder just might push them for better results later on.

I wonder if the people who complained about us winning 1-0 yesterday would be so adverse to a repeat scoreline here?

I personally wouldn't be too dissatisfied with a draw. Goodison is a horrible place to go to.

They don't have that git Saha anymore. he would always score against us. also, Everton are missing Gibson and Fellaini in the middle of the park. don't think there is a better time to face them. should go for the win. can't remember the last time we won there. 3-2 was it? under Jose. Ballack, Lampard and Drogba stunners from Long range

edit: i see it's the 1-0 in 07-08