Fernando Torres

If the suspension is upheld then the options will be Ba/Eto'o for Norwich... must mean Eto'o start and Nando on the bench for CL?

Brilliant performance today. José has certainly lit a spark under him so far this season.

What made his performance today was powerful, direct runs at opposition... which is suited to a more open/counter type of match. He still needs to work on his game to be this effective versus teams that sit deep.

It was 2 yellow cards. You cannot appeal against it which is a shame so he definitely will miss out for Norwich.

Well, I dont mean to sound too negative and whatnot, but to call Torres' performance amazing is to take it just too far. I kinda understand that some people jizz in their pants after a performance like this by Torres, but to be quite honest, this is how he should be every game. And nothing he did today was spectacular or amazing, its just that we've accepted he's shit and when he is anything but shit, we call it amazing.

Again, not taking anything away from Torres but what we saw today is a standard top-striker performance. Nothing more.

We've seen him play shit for 25 games, then perform very well in one, and then get back on the shit-streak.

But I sure hope he continue to perform like this.

What..........................

just stop mate

If Sturridge had played like that you'd be in the Sturridge thread saying we've made a mistake for the 100530603th time, his second half performance was brilliant. Which striker has played that well in the PL?

As much as people are praising Torres for his performance today, am I the only one who gets nervous when he is all fired up? Is just that the always seems to commit stupid fouls (granted that second yellow should not have been given) and looks vulnerable to get sent off (the match against Swansea always springs to my mind).

As much as people are praising Torres for his performance today, am I the only one who gets nervous when he is all fired up? Is just that the always seems to commit stupid fouls (granted that second yellow should not have been given) and looks vulnerable to get sent off (the match against Swansea always springs to my mind).

I am here with you. Yes, he was great today, he was creating for himself and for the others. But seriously, his behaviour was awful. He should not have received the second yellow card but he should not have been on the pitch at that time. The incident with Vertonghen was a straight red and if not, don't forget the ironic clapping in the frist half. Once the ref is against him (and in most cases rightfully so), he just acts like a baby. But again, don't get me wrong. As far as football is concerned, I was really happy with his performance.

why should not we be appealing against the 2nd yellow? can we appeal?

I think you can only appeal straight red cards, and even that is for only getting the card being scrapped all together (i.e in that situation you can't get it downgraded for yellow.

I wouldn't think much of it to be honest, he's probably been watching Diego Costa's displays for his former club Atletico Madrid and is trying some of his antics over here.

Seriously though, Jose will have a word with him and tell him to calm down a little.

Well, I dont mean to sound too negative and whatnot, but to call Torres' performance amazing is to take it just too far. I kinda understand that some people jizz in their pants after a performance like this by Torres, but to be quite honest, this is how he should be every game. And nothing he did today was spectacular or amazing, its just that we've accepted he's shit and when he is anything but shit, we call it amazing.

Again, not taking anything away from Torres but what we saw today is a standard top-striker performance. Nothing more.

We've seen him play shit for 25 games, then perform very well in one, and then get back on the shit-streak.

But I sure hope he continue to perform like this.

You just can't help but to bitch about Torres again can you lol?!

He is amazing today, period, it's blatant bias to say otherwise. And a reality check for you mate, no one, I mean none, can perform like this every match, not even Messi.

Just take off your tinted specs and appreciate, without hinting anything negative.

I am here with you. Yes, he was great today, he was creating for himself and for the others. But seriously, his behaviour was awful. He should not have received the second yellow card but he should not have been on the pitch at that time. The incident with Vertonghen was a straight red and if not, don't forget the ironic clapping in the frist half. Once the ref is against him (and in most cases rightfully so), he just acts like a baby. But again, don't get me wrong. As far as football is concerned, I was really happy with his performance.

Yeah, I don't really get the love for Torres today. He played really well but deserved to be sent off in the 51st minute which almost certainly would have cost us the point. I like what he did when he was on the pitch, but if the ref had seen things, he would have cost us vastly more than he gave us.