Fernando Torres

Can't believe to this day, that we once had Drogba and Anelka... and we threw them away for Torres....

The plan was to replace Drogba with Torres almost immediately, but a mix of Drogba's refusal to let that happen and Torres awful mental strength put pay to that.

If Drogba got released by Shanhai tommorow, i will bet anything that Roman will be straight on the phone to his agent.

The Falcao rumour sounds unfounded to me. Just because he scored goals against us doesnt automatically link him to us. As for Torres he's always going to be a game away from a crisis so i'm not sure how successful he really can be here. He's our top scorer in all comps and thats all we can ask of him.

Torres is over Thinking when he gets the ball.!! Someone passes to torres. Torres run's passed a Defender for some reason he Do not shooting. But he cuts back in now there are three Defenders in his way. What happens next torres loses the ball. please Just shooting and test the keeper..

Here it is!

fernandotorreschelseavsunderlandpremierljjlsapsn_kl1.jpg?w=580

How to relativize Torres’ alleged struggles in front of goal in 2011/2012

http://theweststando...-front-of-goal/

My problem with Torres has never been missing great chances. Even top strikers miss those. My problem with him it threefold:

1) He isn't getting into the proper position to get those chances. He is found in wide spaces far too often. He doesn't attack the net looking for the ball so when crosses come in, there's often nobody there.

2) He isn't creating his own goals. A striker at the top level should be able to turn decent chances into great chances and sometimes turn a nothing-looking play into a goal.Torres seems to require the ball at his feet in front of goal to be able to score. Players like Mata, Drogba, Lampard,Sturridge, Oscar, etc...have all been able to score on well-taken shots from outside the box. When Torres gets the ball, even in a decent position to score, he often tries to cross the ball over or go around his opponent and turns what is a good scoring opportunity into a lost bit of possession. Maybe it's a confidence thing, but he seems to only want to shoot if he is alone in front of the goal (Newcastle goal not withstanding).

3) He's too predictable and hasn't adapted his game. He wants to get a through-ball in the middle of the pitch. When defenders take that away from him he seems lost. He doesn't have the speed he used to have so is unable to go around defenders but he still keeps trying and decent defenders just stay with him and force him out wide so he ends up on the sides of the pitch too often..

I think everyone can agree that the way Chelsea are set up right now, it'd be very difficult for any striker to have a lot of success, we aren't creating any space for the striker to run into, but Torres has been particularly awful. I do find it almost amusing that everyone has gotten on Torres this season when he's actually been generally OK after defending him last season when he was genuinely terrible.

lol after the header gainst Wolves (in Drogba's style) it is funny to continue in that way - what Drogba can do, Torres can do as well - scoring against Arsenal lol.

His best performance in Chelsea shirt. Just a pity he never shot when he was 1 against 1 and chose going round Mannone. But we won, that's what matters.

Just waiting on everyone going like he's back and then saying 'so he can't be our striker then?'...

Take that goal way from him, it's a poor performance, he kept ruining every bit of play we had.

But i was very proud of that goal, that's the first goal Torres has scored for us out of nothing, forget about the sky panel going on about Arsenals terrible defending, that goal was very hard to score, he did really well to get his leg over and smack it in with such accuracy. So well done to him there, but i don't believe anything, he has to prove it.

This was not the glorious Torres so often seen at Anfield, nor was it the limp and desolate Torres witnessed so often by Chelsea fans. It was somewhere in between but, as long as he scores more goals in big matches like this one, the doubters cannot talk too loudly.

Brilliantly summed up by Goal.com

Great first half I though, was poor in the second half - but overall I'm very pleased with his performance tonight.

He scored a crucial goal finally for the Blues and needs to keep scoring if he is to justify his automatic selection in our team.