Fernando Torres

Why has he had 60 mins in the last 5 weeks...................... Bluelion ? The manager and coaching staff get to see him daily on the training pitch and they have completely ignored him for a While now ! To be honest though, can you see him causing opposing defenders like A.cole a problem in training ?

The fact is this guy is shit and i have never in my life seen a striker recapture form after being this hopeless for this long. He's basically a similar situation to Kaka just a 2 season wonder.

Chris Sutton Mk2.

Thing is we'll get rid and he'll ''rediscover'' his form

The fact is this guy is shit and i have never in my life seen a striker recapture form after being this hopeless for this long. He's basically a similar situation to Kaka just a 2 season wonder.

I think you'll find Rooney went through a patch as bad as this and got back to form, at least he was playing the whole time. Strikers need a run of games and I'd really like to see Torres getting a good long run in the starting 11. Can anyone tell me when Torres' longest run in the starting 11 was and how many games it was for?

No I can't, but I get the picture him and AVB have had a fall out... especially if Malouda is getting minutes ahead of him.

Yep I get the same feeling and his attitude perhaps implies that as well

It's quite staggering what a shit player he has become. And yes I know he's not playing much. I don't mean in that sense. What I mean is... simply look at the way he runs with the ball. He's so clumsy! A league 2 striker is more composed on the ball.

Compare it to how he was in his Liverpool days. It's amazing how he has transformed. I don't know how it happened.

yep , there is somthing about strikers coming here and not performing. somthing in the water?

Lol could be. They really stand out when it happens - but all clubs have their ponies I suppose, we only seem to remember the Chelsea ones

We have a fairly decent run now where we have mid-table teams in the league and a couple of FA Cup ties. If he can't recapture his form during this period as our main striker, it will be official that he is hopeless and must be sold.

This is Torres's time to shine now as Droggers will be gone and he has that role to himself probably. I don't see how we are going to play Sturridge in the middle because he offers so much on a wide position because of his pace and yoof. I can see Mata being hell bent on trying to set him up but Danny almost certainly won't lol, he's a yoof on a mission to the Euro's.

I think you'll find Rooney went through a patch as bad as this and got back to form, at least he was playing the whole time. Strikers need a run of games and I'd really like to see Torres getting a good long run in the starting 11. Can anyone tell me when Torres' longest run in the starting 11 was and how many games it was for?

Rooney was also restricted to mostly appearances as a sub around that time...although he did start some of the less important games..Torres has to win his starting role back, but I agree he needs more minutes and appearances than what he's getting now (namely just the last 10-15 minutes of alternate games)

Why, he doesn't try in the first team.

Silly comment. It's hard to "try" in the first team when you are sitting on the bench every game. He comes on and looks hungry for the ball. You cannot compare him to drogba because they play a different game. Torres plays of the last man and waits for that ball to be played through to him. Which is hard to recieve when you only get 10 minutes here and there.