Fernando Torres

What do you want him to do in a few minutes, I love Drogba but against Wigan he was far worse than Torres was today and today Drogba was also bad. Lets wait for January when he gets a run of games.

Torres has never and will never be the type of player to run himself into the ground, just wait a while and let him get some form going.

really???? the shot on the bar, the tickle to cole in the build up to the goal, and the thru ball to rambo. he is 33 and playing every third day and almost running into the ground unless some other ladyboy. plus i think most of the people here are tired of waiting for torres "to get back to form".

Stumbled upon this video...damn can't believe how great he once was...even the way he moves and runs with the ball now looks so sluggish and clumsy while on the vid he looks...well like someone who...could try defusing a nuclear bomb without actually knowing how and not being scared at all.

Yeah, Torres was fucking phenominal. sigh.

Well, let's face it, he's never going to excel at Chelsea. The sooner you give up any hope left in you, the less it will hurt in the end.

We missed the chance to get him when he was good and cheap...50m price tag never gana work and hope we learn from it and dont try it a 3rd time!

But saying that...January he'll have a chance to play...maybe be a turning point or just the end of the line sorta thing..he aint the same player at all...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1000203/fernando-torres-hits-back-over-liverpool-'lies'?cc=5901

"It's true that [spain head coach] Vicente del Bosque is worried about me and my form for Chelsea. It's up to me to go back to being the striker I was before. If I go back to how I was a few years ago, I will again play an important role in the Spanish national team."

He has the right words but his actions don't reflect it.

He always says the right things, but it's easier to say than do it appears.... I can't imagine what kind of psychological battle he is fighting, he must be doubting his true quality and talent by now. No matter in what profession, there comes a point when a person starts seriously questioning his worth after failing too long... you become convinced that you, in fact, really suck. Hasn't the club sent him to a sports psychologist yet? They deal with problems like that.

i m seriously concerned with the way things are shaping up with Torres not sure what AVB wants but his gameplay is screaming for motivation and confidence. His touches yesterday was just horrible, i didnt understand what was AVB going to achieve by putting in Torres (who doesnt have game time and isnt in the good books of the gaffer) for the last 15mins. If this how Torres is going to be treated then i dont think we would be able to see the magical striker in his high in the Blue jersey.

I hate when people compare him with Drogba to argue about his performances. Like: "Drogba's hardly setting the world on fire either" What?! So, just because Drogba is playing like shit, it excuses Torres? I am not happy with him. My patience is almost down to 0.

I'm just not seeing Torres as a Chelsea FC player anymore, but rather simply as a player on the pitch that somehow ended up with a Chelsea shirt on. His heart is just not in it and if he doesn't play well in Jan then he should go back to Spain to find his passion for football again.

If anyone is in any doubts about this, just watch videos from his Liverpool days. It's a different player.

I hate when people compare him with Drogba to argue about his performances. Like: "Drogba's hardly setting the world on fire either" What?! So, just because Drogba is playing like shit, it excuses Torres? I am not happy with him. My patience is almost down to 0.

It obviously doesnt excuse him, but if Drogba is not in form I'd rather give Torres a chance as he's 27 and cost 50m. Unless he puts in another lazy, passionless performance, then he can kindly fuck off back to the bench.

Okay that's a fair point. But I think Drogba has been ok in the last month or so. He does disappear in games but that's not due to lack of effort, he can't run the way he used to anymore that much is obvious. He still creates things out of nothing (that shot against the bar yesterday, the ball for Ramires, etc) and I believe the team players better with him on the pitch than Torres.

If Drogba was playing the way he was last season, then I'd defo agree that he shouldn't be starting but he's doing alright right now imo

If Drogba was playing the way he was last season, then I'd defo agree that he shouldn't be starting but he's doing alright right now imo

Even so, it shouldn't grant Ladyboy a start. Even in his poor form last year, Drogba was better than him.. To be frank, I'd rather start Kalou ahead of him. Firstly because at least he shows some passion, and secondly, because even if he does miss some sitters, he still manages to get some goal here and there, and to create things.

The fact he gets just 15 minutes per game, does not excuse him for his poor form at all. Because actually, he doesn't deserve to play more.

I'm just not seeing Torres as a Chelsea FC player anymore, but rather simply as a player on the pitch that somehow ended up with a Chelsea shirt on. His heart is just not in it and if he doesn't play well in Jan then he should go back to Spain to find his passion for football again.

If anyone is in any doubts about this, just watch videos from his Liverpool days. It's a different player.

Agree with that. hes had ample opportunities. You can hear a collective, albeit hushed, sigh at the Bridge as he warms up.....