Fernando Torres

Is a personal insult really nessesery?

Yes it is and if you weren't such a mong you'd see that. :P:D

On a serious note, no. But maybe you should ask him why he insults our players? Ladyboy? Does he also say fat frank and ca$hley?

There is also NO fanclub unless it's a group of 15 yr old girls. Everyone can see he has been crap, but I'd rather give him a chance if it suits us (ie, drogs is tired from crucial matches) and at least attempt to make him good, before we sell him for 10m and record massive losses.

Uh, how is he more of a disaster? He has the same goal to game ratio as Torres and cost 15m less. Both are shite mind.

I meant the transfer was more of a disaster. We spent 50m on a world-class player who is a global "star" and they spent 35m on someone who is 22 and hadn't proved anything.

Are you going to stop talking about Torres? It's pretty obvious AVB wants him out and he is trying to make him want to go anywhere, under any condition including wage reduction. As simple as that.

Laura90 if you are referring to my post on Torres or my comments I would like to point out with all due respect tha we are on the Torres 9 player database thus it is fair to assume that we would be discussing the player his pros an his cons.

Don't like to talk or here about it then simple do not click on the thread or ignore it!

You are actually insulting Kalou with that comment. Kalou's been an effective sub for us over the years and his goal scoring record's certainly been better than Torres'. In fact, he WAS a good sub yesterday. It's also very possible that he trains better than Torres. If we didn't pay 50M for the player and his name wasn't Torres, nobody would be complaining.

Eh it was a joke, I always stick up for Kalou...ask anyone on here. We did pay 50M and his name is Torres so therefore I will be pissed off when he's not given a chance as he has been a worldclass stiker and hes not going to find form on the bench. What happens when the African players head off....oh come on Fernando you haven't played all season but nows your chance to find form under even more pressure. No thanks. Stupid statement to make IMO.

Is non existent now. Earlier in the season he was at least trying, now he cant be bothered to making simple runs in the channels. He literally walks around, does he expect a ball when his movement is non-existent?. You have 10 minutes, you're out of the first 11, youre a top level athelete, why are you not giving it your all?

This is not an exaggeration. Like I said in the match thread, it's not what he does with the football that worries me. it's what he does when he doesn't have the ball. His heart is just not in it and I don't want a player like that around. I'd rather play Kalou than him atm

What do you want him to do in a few minutes, I love Drogba but against Wigan he was far worse than Torres was today and today Drogba was also bad. Lets wait for January when he gets a run of games.

Torres has never and will never be the type of player to run himself into the ground, just wait a while and let him get some form going.

What, guys? This is something that needs to be discussed, although I guess it could have been included in the Torres thread.

Anyway, Torres has no desire whatsoever to achieve anything. I mean, he misses a few games and is finally given a chance to show what he's got, and he doesn't even want to head the ball. I was an idiot to think that he would be fired up enough to get going. And what was up with that dribbling when there were at least a couple players getting into decent positions? Villas-Boas was completely right about leaving him out, and I hope he does that with Torres until the day he leaves.

Stumbled upon this video...damn can't believe how great he once was...even the way he moves and runs with the ball now looks so sluggish and clumsy while on the vid he looks...well like someone who...could try defusing a nuclear bomb without actually knowing how and not being scared at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZzTyli77IE

What do you want him to do in a few minutes, I love Drogba but against Wigan he was far worse than Torres was today and today Drogba was also bad. Lets wait for January when he gets a run of games.

Torres has never and will never be the type of player to run himself into the ground, just wait a while and let him get some form going.

I want him to try. It's not that hard, honest. You lift your feet and land on your forefoot, while moving in a specific direction. It's called running and I think he forgot how to do it.

Btw Paulo was magnificent today IMO

I'm not asking him to "run into the ground" if he's playing some 90 mins, but he has only been on ten minutes.