Fernando Torres

Oh Torres Torres...more and more times passes and more and more my faith in you shortens...it's still there, but very thin...

exactly my thoughts... I was oh so hopeful after his good spell, he grabbed praises and man of the match awards and goals here and there, but now... you can't blame the service if your finishing is on Heskey level

How did he miss?! Caught in two minds I think, very similar to when Malouda's cross found Sturridge but he tried to bring it down instead of heading it. Van Persie missed a very similar chance against us last week... but either way, another shocker. Should be on seven or eight for the season by now.

It's been a while that I restrain myself to comment on the guy...

He'll really have to do something. The miss yesterday was shocking. The gesture he made wasn't a gesture of a striker, it was rather a gesture from a defender who only has the opportunity to make a shot to goal once in a while.

If by the end of the year he doesn't produce things, then we will have to sell him. Both because he will be a liability on the pitch, and off the pitch (yeah, he is the player at the club who is earning the most, and those £180k-a-week paid for a liabilty doesn't do us any good).

It's been a while that I restrain myself to comment on the guy...

He'll really have to do something. The miss yesterday was shocking. The gesture he made wasn't a gesture of a striker, it was rather a gesture from a defender who only has the opportunity to make a shot to goal once in a while.

If by the end of the year he doesn't produce things, then we will have to sell him. Both because he will be a liability on the pitch, and off the pitch (yeah, he is the player at the club who is earning the most, and those £180k-a-week paid for a liabilty doesn't do us any good).

Agree with that. A strikers role is too important. And he's the type of striker that doesn't make any contribution to the team except for goals. If it was Rooney we were talking about, then he still has a big impact on the game even if he's not scoring. But Torres isn't that kind of player.

Agree with that. A strikers role is too important. And he's the type of striker that doesn't make any contribution to the team except for goals. If it was Rooney we were talking about, then he still has a big impact on the game even if he's not scoring. But Torres isn't that kind of player.

His here to score thats his job , if he is not doing this he should be sold. but the season is not over yet , lets see what happens when he has a full season with us under his belt. one issue with Torres is he does not have a chance to forget about his misses as the pundits will go on about it for days and days , didnt hear alot when rooney missed that pen against us....

His here to score thats his job , if he is not doing this he should be sold. but the season is not over yet , lets see what happens when he has a full season with us under his belt. one issue with Torres is he does not have a chance to forget about his misses as the pundits will go on about it for days and days , didnt hear alot when rooney missed that pen against us....

Yep agreed! And now he'll have to wait two weeks before the next game........... which is against Liverpool :doh:

The red card against Swansea was really really stupid. He would've done well against Bolton and Everton.

I'm willing to give him a chance till the end of the season. A year and a half will be more than enough for him to find his form and become reliable again. If not, then by all means, we don't have to keep him.

I'm willing to give him a chance till the end of the season. A year and a half will be more than enough for him to find his form and become reliable again. If not, then by all means, we don't have to keep him.

Basically. One more transfer season in January to help him out, and if he doesn't start firing like a world-class striker, we can't afford to keep him anymore.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. No one can deny that he's been pretty awful in the last two games. It'd be perfect for him to score an important goal vs. Liverpool. Even if he ends up a flop, we'll look back on that moment fondly.

But more importantly, the chance at a goal or three vs. his former team will fire him up. Torres plays best when he's angry.

Edit: quick sidenote, does anyone think that there is a good chance he plays in the Carling Cup vs. Liverpool?

for Torres to find his form (and be back for GOOD) all he needs to do is 3 simple things:

1. go on youtube... and type in his name... watch HIS OWN highlights... and get back confidence and be excited again! those get me pumped watching them...

2. type his name into google... read the "news" about him and have that fire him up... i get mad at them like i have to prove a point...

3. just sit back simply remember how good it felt to be THAT great and just have that cary in his mood throughout the day...

there you go!!

Torres in 3 simple steps!!! just add Chelsea!

He's gone from being a brilliant goal scorer to a scorer of brilliant goals. If you look at his goals for us so far, they're not you'd call 'an average/decent finish' or 'an easy goal'.

*braces himself for an inevitable Kalou joke in response*