Fernando Torres

@torres?

Regardless of whether genuine or fake, you'd think they'd be able to cook up a more imaginative handle.

Surprised @torres was still available and not taken by one of the many Torres fans. Slightly surprised they didn't go @FT9 or @F9T either. @torres is pretty easy though.

I'd love for him to tweet personally just once and tell Piers Morgan to STFU or one of the scouser nut jobs.

It feels like (to me) he let all the rubbish in his head from Liverpool go during the summer.. He is much calmer on the pitch this season.

Last season, everytime he'd miss a chance... Just look at his face. And whenever a ball wasn't played to him he'd look pissed off. Couldn't be arsed to chase after anything, close down, etcetc

Think he did a lot of soul searching in the summer. Came back refreshed and as if decided to forget the last season and start anew. Some emotion in him as well! The Man Utd game is the best example. The goal - taunted the Utd fans. Love it! The move where he took the ball past 3 Utd players but was saved - screamed at the heavens and nearly tore his shirt off. And of course THE miss.

He did have a slow start to the season but remember, as a TEAM, those were pretty horrible matches as well. His improved form coincided with OUR improved passing, movement, etc.

And finally, the arrival of Mata and Meireles plus return from injury of Luiz has also helped. It's clear he is very close to them.

Bullshit. It's just the hair. And the white wristband.

:Goober:

He looked very disinterested today. Very far off the pace and his dribbling skills are fading. He use to beat 90% of the PL: defenders now he is struggling to get the ball past a depleted Genk defensive line.

Agree, I dont think Torres is giving 100% in every game anymore. He seems to pick and chose his games and that is not acceptable. The fans liked Sheva because he always gave 100%, the same cannott be said of Torres lately.....

I think it is time to give Sturridge a go as the central striker and play Mata and Anelka either side..

Missed the game. That bad?

It appears to me that he is just not trying hard enough, I was watching him when we attacked last night and most of the time he just jogs into the box, not looking to bust a gut to get in the best position and why would a CF not want to take a penalty??.

It appears to me that he is just not trying hard enough, I was watching him when we attacked last night and most of the time he just jogs into the box, not looking to bust a gut to get in the best position and why would a CF not want to take a penalty??.

Because Luiz and Anelka were assigned as the penalty takers by the staff. Also Torres has never taken a competitive penalty in his career in England.