Fernando Torres

Apparently his webmaster has debunked it.

Torres' official Twitter claims pop up all the time. Here's some free advice for him and his webbie...why don't you just start an official one and that will put an end to the constant is it real or not questions. It's 2011, why doesn't his official site have a twitter account? I understand if he doesn't want to tweet personally but the account can just be nominally used to inform his fans when the site is updated. And it would serve as a stakeholder against fake accounts.

I have a feel he'll simply explode tomorrow and destroy Arse. Let's see if my feeling is right.

In the match day thread I predicted Chelsea win, Torres hattrick. If I'm right, I'm a genius. If I'm wrong, it's the sugar high from Friday donuts and coffee that put me over.

@aarbeloa17 (which is real and active) It's real, but I wouldn't wait a tweet from Fernando..RT @JayyAhmed @aarbeloa17 is this the real account? @Torres?

I imagine Torres started getting texts/calls from some Spanish friends giving him a hard time about twitter and he probably had no idea what they were talking about.

Okay, if that's the case, I'm guessing his management are doing what I had suggested earlier, which is take up an official account. Even if they never use it, an official account is out there and that prevents anymore questions about other accounts being fake or not.

Funny, he already has 42,000 followers and he hasn't said anything yet. Arbeloa said something earlier when he joined Twitter--no chance Torres was going to join Twitter. In this case, he's not going to be tweeting personally like other footballers. I bet if the account is ever used, it'll be like his website--run by a pro.

But it would be cool if he did though. Mata's really active on Twitter.