Fernando Torres

Torres - Tough to settle

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has admitted he has found it harder to settle at Stamford Bridge than when he first left Spain for Liverpool.

The £50million striker has looked a shadow of the player who terrorised Premier League defences during his time at Anfield since his switch to Stamford Bridge in January.

The former Atletico Madrid ace admits that the scale of the English capital has played a part, coupled with the lack of familiar faces compared to when he was on Merseyside.

But the 27-year-old is confident that he will find his feet with Andre Villas-Boas' side and feels that it is hard to compare his current club with his previous employers.

"They have no similarity, neither in their past nor in their present. My adaptation process for each has been completely distinct," he told Esquire Espana.

"Chelsea is in London, a huge city. I come from Madrid, also a great European capital, but this is much more of everything, for good and for bad.

"It's been difficult for me to adapt here compared to when I arrived in Liverpool, a more comfortable place, smaller, where I was surrounded by Spanish team-mates.

"In the end, the important thing is to try and organise yourself as quickly as possible. That's what I'm doing."

Torres refuses to be bogged down by the constant references to his price tag and insists that when the Blues became interested in his services, it was an offer he could not refuse.

He said: "That's just a number. The only thing I know is that opportunities such as the one Chelsea offered me cannot be turned down. The important thing is the confidence they have in me.

"Liverpool was going down a strange path. Personally, I believe the departure of Xabi Alonso to Madrid was a clear message that something was changing.

"I have the ambition to improve and Chelsea could offer me what every footballer desires: titles."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7301019/Torres-Tough-to-settle

^ this has been posted before no?

edit: yep :P

Fernando Torres At Esquire Espana:

The most expensive Spanish footballer? That’s just a number. The only thing I know is that opportunities such as the one Chelsea offered me cannot be turned down. The important thing is the confidence they have in me. Liverpool was going down a strange path. Personally, I believe the departure of Xabi Alonso to Madrid was a clear message that something was changing. I have the ambition to improve and Chelsea could offer me what every footballer desires: titles.

Liverpool and Chelsea are completely different clubs. They have no similarity, neither in their past nor in their present. My adaptation process for each has been completely distinct. Chelsea is in London, a huge city. I come from Madrid, also a great European capital, but this is much more of everything, for good and for bad. It’s been difficult for me to adapt here compared to when I arrived in Liverpool, a more comfortable place, smaller, where I was surrounded by Spanish teammates. In the end, the important thing is to try and organize yourself as quickly as possible. That’s what I’m doing… I can’t say that what I’ve achieved is like a dream come true, because I never dreamed of getting this far, or to where I am today. Everything that football has given me has been un extra permanente. I give thanks for that.

I'm a bit disappointed and have not much confidence. I have some hope yet, just a bit.

He is scoring few goals for his level, scoring some beautiful and difficult goals but, losing piece of cake opportunities. Opportunities that even Inzaghi with 50 years would score, and, time is running, it's difficult to stand for him nowadays.

I really hope he backs to his level, for Chelsea and for him, but, I don't know if I really believe that's possible. :(

From Google translate roughly:

Torres, Torres, Torres, Torres, Torres, Torres....

hahaha

Torres, here, I'm blonde (trying for sympathy?)

Torres, why are you so bad? (for not coming quickly enough?)

Torres, I want to go with you.

Torres in front of him, "Hi Torres" (softly and all innocent!)

I don't understand the whole autograph thing myself, but good for the team and especially Torres for making those kids happy. It obviously means a lot to the kids.