UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

I remember when we topped the group after four games and could relax the last couple, would like that again, so for that we need the weakest group possible, although having said that you need other results to go your way for that to happen, even if you win your first four.

It's also possible to secure your qualification to the knockout round after three games, that would be nice.

yeah i hope United finally get a tough group but i dont care about Arsenal, they have no chance of winning it anyway

I just cant imagine how a poor team like arsenal have qualified out of every group stage for more than 10 yrs now. Theve been luckily avoiding tough groups.

Zenit have beaten Pacos Ferreira 4-2 in the second leg tonight meaning they won 8-3 on aggregate and have qualified for the group stage. Their pot allocation is still unknown for now but their qualification means Man City will be in Pot 3 while FC Copenhagen in Pot 4 for the group stage draw.

Read the first post for more information.

The chances of us getting an easy group are very low though.

Just look at all those teams, there are many good teams per seed so I don't expect an easy group. The easy groups are for United and Arsenal.

Kojo, pessimistic as usual. But yeah after recent seasons, I'm also inclined to think the same.

What's cancelled? The Sheep sacrifice? The fans couldn't do it anyway cause UEFA said so.

UEFA did, but the mind was made up already not to.

Viktor Kumykov, the Shakhter coach, had suggested the sacrifice would be repeated but a Celtic spokesman said: "Clearly this would not happen. Shakhter have spoken to the club and said this is a misunderstanding and made it clear they have no intention whatsoever of doing anything like this."

I just cant imagine how a poor team like arsenal have qualified out of every group stage for more than 10 yrs now. Theve been luckily avoiding tough groups.

Except, Arsenal in European terms are hardly a poor team. Yes, they haven't won a trophy in a long time, but a top-4 finish every year in the best league the world means you are good team.

Tonight's final five play-off results:

Celtic 3-0 Shakhter Karagandy (Celtic win 3-2 on agg)

Real Sociedad 2-0 Lyon (Real Sociedad win 4-0 on agg)

Zenit St. Peterburg 4-2 Pacos Ferreira (Zenit win 8-3 on agg)

AC Milan 3-0 PSV Eindhoven (AC Milan win 4-1 on agg)

NK Maribor 0-1 Viktoria Plzen (Viktoria Plzen win 4-1 on agg)

We now know the confirmed and final pot allocations. See first post to find out.