UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

I don't get all the "let's avoid Atletico posts", they're good but Bayern and Real are better sides with more experience in this stage than Atletico

ATM is a BETTER team than RM. they have proven that in LA LIGA, CL, in the matches they played against barca and RM this season. hence the "lets avoid ATM" posts. moreover chelsea and ATM tie would be a defensive stalemate which would be decided on a moment of magic or a setpiece.

we have a way better chance against RM who are weak defensively. moreover jose would know each of those players inside out and play accordingly.

First of all, the clause is 8m. Secondly, why should Chelsea allow Atletico to use Courtois for free?

I would say, either Atletico pay 8m or he won´t play. It´s very simple. Since Atletico cannot afford to pay, perhaps Chelsea may be better off to face them instead of Real or Bayern.

Who cares who we get? No-one will want to face us and for me that shows just how far we've come this season already. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing us play Real Madrid because I'm getting a bit bored of playing Bayern (I'm fantastically spoiled by this club) but I'm just relieved that we're back where we belong and deservedly so.

ATM is a BETTER team than RM. they have proven that in LA LIGA, CL, in the matches they played against barca and RM this season. hence the "lets avoid ATM" posts. moreover chelsea and ATM tie would be a defensive stalemate which would be decided on a moment of magic or a setpiece.

we have a way better chance against RM who are weak defensively. moreover jose would know each of those players inside out and play accordingly.

Your points are well taken. However, just one & the most important one. Real players will be motivated to play against Jose, greatly. His quarrels & all with the club. Recently, he called them son of bitches & that alone is a great motivation. Avoid Real at all cost, for me.

Your points are well taken. However, just one & the most important one. Real players will be motivated to play against Jose, greatly. His quarrels & all with the club. Recently, he called them son of bitches & that alone is a great motivation. Avoid Real at all cost, for me.

dude, he dint call them "son of bitches" RECENTLY. it was during his time in RM, when he was their coach and he said it in his own dressing room when one of RM players broke his order of not speaking to the media.

if RM players will be motivated, so will jose and you can bet anything in the world that he ll have all of our players as motivated as himself.

Drawing Bayern Munich

Adv: They'll dominate only some aspect of the game and we've shown again and again we can cope with their tikitaka

Dis Adv: They'll be more focused since don't have to worry about the bundesliga anymore

Drawing AM

Adv: They're the least experienced at this stage and they're not as talented as the rest

Dis Adv: I believe they're our tactical nemesis much like liverpool back in 2005- 07

Drawing RM

Adv: Not many positve in drawing them right now but, perhaps, the overall pressure of expectation in winning the 10th european trophy might work agains them

Dis Adv: If Carlo gets his tactics right, their dominance of the game will be total. Besides, the players and Carlo will be extra motivated

so I'd like to get them in this order ... BM, AM, RM

dude, he dint call them "son of bitches" RECENTLY. it was during his time in RM, when he was their coach and he said it in his own dressing room when one of RM players broke his order of not speaking to the media.

if RM players will be motivated, so will jose and you can bet anything in the world that he ll have all of our players as motivated as himself.

Recently or before or in some book...who cares when? He insulted them. That alone cannot be omitted.

To me, that´s a threat to avoid. Real has plenty of power up front. These guys can score, had scored plenty of goals.

Avoid Real, for me. Iva suspended, Hazard might be out due to injury, Salah, Matic not eligible, Real just might be too much for Chelsea, in my opinion.

Recently or before or in some book...who cares when? He insulted them. That alone cannot be omitted.

To me, that´s a threat to avoid. Real has plenty of power up front. These guys can score, had scored plenty of goals.

Avoid Real, for me. Iva suspended, Hazard might be out due to injury, Salah, Matic not eligible, Real just might be too much for Chelsea, in my opinion.

he said it when he was their manager. what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room. thats the golden rule that RM players broke. even after that, players like CR, arbeloa, ozil have come out in FULL support of him. how many instances have u heard of SAF abusing his players. it is different when things are spoken in public and within the 4 walls of the dressing room.

bayern can score a lot of goals too, ATM dont concede any goals.

iva will be suspended against those 2 teams too, hazard might be injured against those 2 too and matic and salah will not be elligible irrespective of who we draw. how does it make a difference.

the fact is RM would tactically suit us and have the worst defense of the 3 options irrespective of how good their attack is.

he said it when he was their manager. what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room. thats the golden rule that RM players broke. even after that, players like CR, arbeloa, ozil have come out in FULL support of him. how many instances have u heard of SAF abusing his players. it is different when things are spoken in public and within the 4 walls of the dressing room.

iva will be suspended against those 2 teams too, hazard might be injured against those 2 too and matic and salah will not be elligible irrespective of who we draw. how does it make a difference.

the fact is RM would tactically suit us and have the worst defense of the 3 options irrespective of how good their attack is.

As I said, when he said it, it´s irrelevant now. Leave it alone.

Real will not suit Chelsea. They have too much power up front.

How do Real suit us more tactically than Bayern do?

How do Real suit us more tactically than Bayern do?

defensively weaker full baks (carvajal-Marcelo vs lahm-alaba).

Definitely weaker defensively as a team.

Wingers who don't track back (cr and bale. And the RM bale is different than the spurs bale, the tracking back is minimal)

One dimensional attacks.

Jose's know how of the players' strength and weaknesses

As I said, when he said it, it´s irrelevant now. Leave it alone.

Real will not suit Chelsea. They have too much power up front.

U brought it up and now want it to be left alone!!!!

Fire power upront but defensively the worst of the 4 remaining teams

U brought it up and now want it to be left alone!!!!

Fire power upront but defensively the worst of the 4 remaining teams

Is it important to read about Jose´s insults? No, it is not. It happened. Do not dwell on it.

Now, the best defense is the relentless attack & Real has got that.

Ronaldo´s free kicks are the best around. Chelsea´s struggled, plenty of chaos on defense.

You believe Chelsea can overcome Real´s defensive liabilities. I believe, Real has got too much power & scores at will.

To avoid any quarrels, let´s wait & see. On Friday we will know whom Chelsea draws.

Is it important to read about Jose´s insults? No, it is not. It happened. Do not dwell on it.

Now, the best defense is the relentless attack & Real has got that.

Ronaldo´s free kicks are the best around. Chelsea´s struggled, plenty of chaos on defense.

You believe Chelsea can overcome Real´s defensive liabilities. I believe, Real has got too much power & scores at will.

To avoid any quarrels, let´s wait & see. On Friday we will know whom Chelsea draws.

Dude. I dint even bring it up. I don't even think that's ANY factor. U did... not me.

In 25 hours we ll know we face and hence can argue about that team. But as of this moment, I would take rm over fcb and atm.

Dude. I dint even bring it up. I don't even think that's ANY factor. U did... not me.

In 25 hours we ll know we face and hence can argue about that team. But as of this moment, I would take rm over fcb and atm.

Let me correct you a bit. I only pointed what Jose said about Real´s players. That´s all.

You want Real. I do not.