UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

The clause exists, but we might not trigger it and agree to let Courtois play for free (just like last time)...

haven't we done enough charity this season preventing (or at least massively helping) Palace and Stoke from being relegated?

Why on earth wouldn't we trigger it? One of the sources even informed said clause was created AFTER the mickey mouse Super Cup match...

The clause exists, but we might not trigger it and agree to let Courtois play for free (just like last time)...

Why would Chelsea do that?

It's not like Chelsea is scoring for fun atm, Jose already has some poor strikers at his disposal, let them face Aranzubia, not a top GK.

Soo Real, Bayern, Atleti and us.

Real: Mou knows every detail of that team and they struggle in big games. Couldnt beat worst barca...if we get them, Bernabeu would be quite a challenge, but at home, we could get a win.

Bayern: same as Barca few years ago; dangerous as hell, but their attack is pass after pass. We have incredible defence and that could work. Bayern had problems with both arsenal and ManU, us playing counter on them would be efficient.

Atleti: What Atletico has that Psg didnt is colective spirit. And they are physicaly extremely well prepared. Very similar style to us, they are strong defensively, have good counters and fight till the end. Very unpredictable game IMO.

I think Atletico would be easiest on paper, but Real or Bayern suit us more. Real are clueless in big games, they attack attack and leave plenty of room behind. Atleti has huge motivation and would be hardest opponent to play against, they would be considered underdogs and we struggle against such teams. All three teams are beatable, but we would have to make minimal defeat away and superb performance at home to go through.

Atletico would be far from ideal because they're too similar in style and if they park the bus we have no chance of breaking them down: if Barca can't do it, what chance do we have? I think Real Madrid would be extremely motivated to knock out Mourinho and given that they have so many players capable of producing a moment of individual brilliance, I'd rather we faced Bayern whose possession-based football suits our counter-attacking philosophy the best.

haven't we done enough charity this season preventing (or at least massively helping) Palace and Stoke from being relegated?

Why on earth wouldn't we trigger it? One of the sources even informed said clause was created AFTER the mickey mouse Super Cup match...

Have you read me saying we shouldnt trigger it? I was simply explaining the fact the clause exists doesnt necessarily mean Atletico will have to actually pay it...

I dont think we should allow Courtois to play, but I also wouldnt be surprised if he did!

it is interesting to see initially after the game all where so high on optimism ppl where talking about chelsea winning CL and mancity winning PL like 2012....

now we are arguing whom should we draw and being afraid of this team and that team!!!

Athletico madrid won against a team that was half as good as us yesterday ...... and today the team is more organised and tactically well prepared than 2013.....more importantly we got mourinho.....

we would do fine against teams like RM and bayern..... we would sit back and counter....and bridge is not a ground with great width causing both the teams loads of trouble in finding spaces......and we have really improved on the final third but yes still not perfect yet......

ATM is a good team but to understand them better watch the match against milan....they where not that destructive!!....yes they are physical so what...we have played in PL and to dread a spanish physical team is absurd!!

against ATM own the midfield and cut their supply to wings and we have advantage.....

read in a prev thread about uefa wanting to have bayern vs real....quite possible!!

my guess is same too..... real/bayern vs chelsa...

Real - bad blood btw mou and players which may cause them to put in a good shift otherwise really shitty defense..

bayern- very strong in the attack but defesnively so vulnerable at the moment

ATM - physical and good in all departments but not great in any.....but plays a very effective team game and a decent coach

Chelsea- solid back four unbreachable on their day....high workrate-technically gifted-skilled-deadly collection of attacking midfield..... a CL veteran striker in eto ....

not the best but solid midfield of luiz and ramires......... and MOURINHO

seriously who should be afraid of whom?! we have no pressure from here on.... nobody expects us to win CL and we thrive in underdog tag... :)

Have you read me saying we shouldnt trigger it? I was simply explaining the fact the clause exists doesnt necessarily mean Atletico will have to actually pay it...

I dont think we should allow Courtois to play, but I also wouldnt be surprised if he did!

no, you're the one who didn't understand me because I never used the word shouldn't or included you in the answer, I was talking strictly about us as a club. It's very clear English (and someone else answered you exactly the same just after me), so I don't get your answer?

What's the point of creating such clause after the Super Cup match - that is a mickey mouse trophy - not to use it? It makes no sense if the club didn't trigger and I'll be VERY surprised if we didn't.

no, you're the one who didn't understand me because I never used the word shouldn't or included you in the answer, I was talking strictly about us as a club. It's very clear English (and someone else answered you exactly the same just after me), so I don't get your answer?

What's the point of creating such clause after the Super Cup match - that is a mickey mouse trophy - not to use it? It makes no sense if the club didn't trigger and I'll be VERY surprised if we didn't.

You dont need toget all bitchy about it!

I just thought you implied I was saying we wouldnt trigger the clause since you used "havent we".

Sorry if I misunderstood...

I don't get all the "let's avoid Atletico posts", they're good but Bayern and Real are better sides with more experience in this stage than Atletico

Experience doesn't really matter that much, Barcelona are far more experienced than Atletico in the CL QF, where did that bring them?