UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

If knows what is good, he'll keep the team that won UCL last year at least for this match.

I think Bayern has a superb - the very best - squad in the world, but I feel like it will never live up to its potential under Pep (although I don't think he'll completely mess it up, just worsen it instead of improving)... and it sounds really stupid to change this team into Barça 2.0 when this team schooled them 7-0 in UCL last season. Of course the team under Tito is worse than Pep's Barça, but not to the point of losing 7-0.

How stupid will it be if he changes their winning style? If he can't work that style, he should adapt, not the team. FFS it isn't too hard to gather.

But why do I care? 1) I hate Bayern 2) Good for us 3) my opinion about Pep will stand

• 2 weeks later...

So what do people think.

Do we have a chance to win or not get thump by Bayern?

I feel that if it was the same Bayern from last year with that style, we would get beaten by 3 goals or more. They where too damn good!

But with pep, it seems like a wild card.

I think we might have a chance and I hope we can do it. It will be just another bad thing chipping at Guardiola :-)

So what do people think.

I feel that if it was the same Bayern from last year with that style, we would get beaten by 3 goals or more. They where too damn good!

I think we might have a chance and I hope we can do it. It will be just another bad thing chipping at Guardiola :-)

Agree.

So what do people think.

Well we have history with Pep and he won't be relishing the idea of facing Chelsea...

I think the critiscising of Pep is a bit much - playing Lahm out of position for a friendly actually makes sense - if you look at this way

Pep: I need you to do xyz

Lahm: I don't understand

Pep then plays him in midfield to show Lahm what the midfielder has to deal with and it will help Lahm understand when playing in his normal position what's needed. He now has an appreciation of what the gu in front oh him is Trying to do...

I think it will be 1:1 and penalties ;)

Same thoughts here.

There's no way we could cope with Jupp's team, not even in a dream. But Pep is a shit coach and I believe now we have a fair chance to win this.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be very nice to win, but if we don't much like against Madrid, it is not because we are not solid. They are a difficult team and yes it would be wonderful to win. However even if we don't i think we are going to have a great season.