• Torres
    • Bertrand(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Ferreira(sub)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are out, but WHAT A FUCKING GAME. We are in a transitional period, it's time to win the europa league, because it's the last time we will compete for it, next we won't finish 3th again.

Oscar, Moses, Hazard and Mata are already written in the stars

why didn't we go through? We have more goal difference than shaktar and same points, we both won one game against each other. Can someone explain me why we didn't go through?

Taken from the BBC website...

WHY ARE CHELSEA GOING OUT?

So why exactly are Chelsea going out? It all goes down to their head-to-head record with Shakhtar Donetsk. Both teams have 10 points, but the side from Ukraine will go through because they scored more goals at Chelsea than the London club managed in the reverse fixture. (This comes on the list of qualification criteria after goal difference and goals scored between the two teams - both of which were the same).

what a load of shit, if one more sports commentator cock says we're the first holders not go through the group stages then i'm going to scream.

anyway, fuck it. first LONDON club, no-one can take that away from us.

and the result against Nordsjaellad, well at least we went out in style. hope Juve get knocked out straight away

why didn't we go through? We have more goal difference than shaktar and same points, we both won one game against each other. Can someone explain me why we didn't go through?

Tiebreakers: 1.) Head to head point (3 points each) 2.) Head to head goal difference (we won by 1, they won by 1 so 0 GD) 3.) Away goals between tied teams (we have 1 (2-1) they have 2 (3-2))

Ramzi posted this in the live match thread

This could be the sort of chance Piazon, Feruz (long shot), Saville, whoever really, can grasp with both hands and try and make a mark. Obviously it would've been more exciting with Chalobah, McEachran, Kane etc. at the club but at least they're doing well elsewhere for now.

We would get murdered by playing our youths/reserves. Remember, teams like Atletico play in that competition, they don't take it lightly and they already raped our strongest team. We will have to be at our best to win this competition.

Hmm, they won 2-1 at Ukraine, we won 3-2 at England so it must be that they scored more away goals? no?

would hate for Europa to be our downfall in EPL play. we already have thin squad, so fielding a WHOLE new starting 11 will probably never happen. At least we dont got to worry till February,, all i want is EPL form to pick up and us to smash those Fuckers LEEDS!

what a load of shit, if one more sports commentator cock says we're the first holders not go through the group stages then i'm going to scream.

anyway, fuck it. first LONDON club, no-one can take that away from us.

and the result against Nordsjaellad, well at least we went out in style. hope Juve get knocked out straight away

UNLESS they meet the gooners :D

Way too harsh going out on away goals in the group stage. I've always thought this rule is fucking stupid for the group stage, even before it concerned Chelsea.

Great win though, a shame it didn't matter in the end. Oh well, I guess it's now time to win the Europa League. I may be in the minority here but I hope we take that competition at least somewhat seriously and try to go all the way.

First of all, Torres scoring doesnt mean anything. He scored 2 goals against a team like Nordsjaelland, who were already out too. Yeah wow, the guy is amazing.

Secondly, u can all forget about any of the likes of Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski etc joining us in january.