• Torres
    • Bertrand(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Ferreira(sub)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finaly scored for fun. In EL, we will have a chance to play our younger players more, they should gain some experience from there. Also our new players (Mata, Hazard, Oscar,..) are now past heavy test that they failed this time, but will learn from it. We actualy had most goals scored in group stage, that isnt so bad. Consider we had better striker...

All in all, with 21yrs olds, a bad striker and both leaders (Terry, Lamps) injured, we couldnt change much.

I think we screwed the first match vs Juve when we were leading 2:0 and then only draw. Shakhtar away was tough game, even Barca plays bad there, Juve away was result of bad form from heavy schedule, Juves experience, our inexperience. We were lucky we won Shakhtar at home too.

Congrats to Juve and Shakhtar, I hope we learn something from this year. We were flying too high with all this champions of europe...We dont have Drogba anymore, Lamps is side player now and this team is still in transition, they are not champions yet.

Cheers people :)

I was there tonight, and despite a couple of boos for rafa at the start, the crowd was fantastic. loudest I've heard it in a while. Obvs went a but quiet once news of jueventus (cunts) got round.

Was a really important win in my eyes. We needed that for the players and the fans. Nords were pretty bad to be fair, but least we wanted to attack and we were more dynamic.

Was funny/good to see luiz in midfield. He was full of confidence tonight as well, he had a great game. Wasn't that special but having him there makes our defence solid. and takes the pressure off him when he wants to go for a run. Maybe won't see much of him there, but its good to know its an option.

Torres actually tried for the full 90 tonight even when we were trying to lower the tempo to save energy! Hazard looked like the hazard we saw at the start of the season.

Very enjoyable game imo!

Europa league: I personally am annoyed we havent qualified for the champions league, but now we are in The europa league, I think its a great chance for our youngsters and fringe players to prove themselves and gain some European experience. So I'm more than happy to be in it and genuinely look forward to watching the games.

Hopefully we start to be more positive as a club and get some decent results in the next few games :)

Well pretty much what I was expecting tonight that we would go out. It's disappointing but the Europa league is a trophy we can win.

This really cheered me up though...

@cfitzy69: Thanks for wasting our CL spot you wankers. European Chumps. #cfc #THFC

At least there wasn't so many boos and negative chants today.

The atmosphere was strange, despite scoring a lot of goals everyone knew it was in vein sad to see the bridge like that :(

As for the fans complaining about Europa league stop being so spoilt, it's a decent competition, it's basically still the Uefa cup. It's something we've never won & have a good chance of winning. Atletico have done a good service to the cup, they're a good team & certainly showed us a thing or two. I would be happy with bringing the trophy back to the bridge.

I was there tonight, and despite a couple of boos for rafa at the start, the crowd was fantastic. loudest I've heard it in a while. Obvs went a but quiet once news of jueventus (cunts) got round.

Was a really important win in my eyes. We needed that for the players and the fans. Nords were pretty bad to be fair, but least we wanted to attack and we were more dynamic.

Was funny/good to see luiz in midfield. He was full of confidence tonight as well, he had a great game. Wasn't that special but having him there makes our defence solid. and takes the pressure off him when he wants to go for a run. Maybe won't see much of him there, but its good to know its an option.

Torres actually tried for the full 90 tonight even when we were trying to lower the tempo to save energy! Hazard looked like the hazard we saw at the start of the season.

Very enjoyable game imo!

Europa league: I personally am annoyed we havent qualified for the champions league, but now we are in The europa league, I think its a great chance for our youngsters and fringe players to prove themselves and gain some European experience. So I'm more than happy to be in it and genuinely look forward to watching the games.

Hopefully we start to be more positive as a club and get some decent results in the next few games :)

Couldn't of put it better!

As for the fans complaining about Europa league stop being so spoilt, it's a decent competition, it's basically still the Uefa cup. It's something we've never won & have a good chance of winning. Atletico have done a good service to the cup, they're a good team & certainly showed us a thing or two. I would be happy with bringing the trophy back to the bridge.

Seriously Kez? We have won it twice. :blink:

Good game but nothing that gets me crazy, it was a a Nordsjælland team missing a few players including their only decent defender (Jores Okore).

Yeah. This was similar to the Wolves win. We played great, but the opposition was awful so it's hard to read anything into it. Nordsaelland played decently in Denmark, but we still beat them 4-0. This time, they were missing a couple of key players, then lost another key player early so that their entire shape was messed up. There was no chance of them winning anyway. We won 6-1, crashed out of the CL, but really there's not much to say. We got a tough group and didn't play badly overall, but ultimately, we weren't good enough. Very disappointing even in a rebuilding year, I thought knockout stage at a minimum. I'll obviously watch Chelsea in the Europa league, but I really care about 1/50th as much. Even if you win, it just means that you are the best team that's not one of the best teams. This would normally be a great opportunity to work some younger players in, but the ones who are ready for action at a decent level are all on loan.

Yeah, he was everywhere once in midfield. It was like a kid in Disneyland - wanting to go everywhere, running amok from all the excitement :lol: It was only after his unnecessary yellow when he calmed down. You could tell he liked it, Brazilians find playing in defence boring.

I'm a Juve fan

You are maybe sad now, but your team has a great potential, you must be patient because you have lots of young great players. I think that with another striker, and 2 midfielders (because it's your main problem, MIDFIELD) Chelsea can become a great team....

You made 10 points in a difficult group, it's not the end of the world

Great win its a pitty its not with a great end result. One thing that pissed me off is when so many people in the crowd leave, stand by your team to the end.

because Fulham Broadway was apparently closed thanks to an incident at South Ken. and everybody rushed off to get the tube at Earl’s Court.