• Ramires
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Moses
    • Torres
    • Bertrand(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Ferreira(sub)

I'll praise him when he plays well. In fact he's been good in games this season, but he doesn't handle pressure well. When we do struggle in games, he's not the guy who puts his hand up and becomes 'the man'. I've been fortunate to see some of the best players in that type of position (Makelele, Deschamps, even Wisey for a time, Spackers :D ) and I just don't think he's good enough to be that guy for us.

He came to us with attitude problems and yes he was a little bit lazy at first (not uncommon with players who were so much more talented and physically imposing then kids their age) and my view is that under pressure people revert to type.

You can say Luiz and Terry made mistakes, but those mistakes came about because Mikel gave away the ball and didn't do his job by getting back into position.

I simply don't know how you can defend giving up. It's the one thing you don't do in football and I notice that you're doing everything to avoid addressing this point. In fact it does seem as though any time Mikel gets criticised, there are people willing to bellyache about him being victimised (well Mata wouldn't be criticised :cry: ).

Like it or not he's in one of the most important positions on the pitch (probably the most important) and whilst I like the guy, I simply don't think he's good enough for a top, top side.

I'll praise him when he plays well. In fact he's been good in games this season, but he doesn't handle pressure well. When we do struggle in games, he's not the guy who puts his hand up and becomes 'the man'. I've been fortunate to see some of the best players in that type of position (Makelele, Deschamps, even Wisey for a time, Spackers :D ) and I just don't think he's good enough to be that guy for us.

He came to us with attitude problems and yes he was a little bit lazy at first (not uncommon with players who were so much more talented and physically imposing then kids their age) and my view is that under pressure people revert to type.

You can say Luiz and Terry made mistakes, but those mistakes came about because Mikel gave away the ball and didn't do his job by getting back into position.

I simply don't know how you can defend giving up. It's the one thing you don't do in football and I notice that you're doing everything to avoid addressing this point. In fact it does seem as though any time Mikel gets criticised, there are people willing to bellyache about him being victimised (well Mata wouldn't be criticised :cry: ).

Like it or not he's in one of the most important positions on the pitch (probably the most important) and whilst I like the guy, I simply don't think he's good enough for a top, top side.

I thought for quag goal, it was simply terry fault, he mistimed his offside trap and got burned

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for quag goal, it was simply terry fault, he mistimed his offside trap and got burned

I think you're wrong.

Ashley Cole is playing Quagliarella onside too. JT could've played it perfectly, Quagliarella would've been onside. He could've gone with him but Quaglirella actually moves into the space Luiz should've been occupying. Luiz steps up into the space Mikel should've been in.

You're wrong.

Ashley Cole is playing Quagliarella onside too. JT could've played it perfectly, Quagliarella would've been onside. He could've gone with him but Quaglirella actually moves into the space Luiz should've been occupying. Luiz steps up into the space Mikel should've been in.

I have just watched the goal,one player dropped deeper which luiz picked up the other exploited the space still it was jt fault, it's true that cole played him onside but jt also played him onside

I have just watched the goal,one player dropped deeper which luiz picked up the other exploited the space still it was jt fault, it's true that cole played him onside but jt also played him onside

So it wasn't JT's fault for mistiming the offside trap. Instead he should've tracked the player, although actually it was David Luiz's area of the pitch. Luiz isn't there though because he leaps out of defence to close down Vucinic (I think) who has dropped off to occupy the space in front of the defence which should be occupied by........

Mikel.

Was it a major fuck-up? Yes. Were more Chelsea players at fault? Yes. Was it a great ball and a brilliant run? Absolutely.

But did Mikel make 3 separate mistakes in that goal? Unfortunately yes.

So it wasn't JT's fault for mistiming the offside trap. Instead he should've tracked the player, although actually it was David Luiz's area of the pitch. Luiz isn't there though because he leaps out of defence to close down Vucinic (I think) who has dropped off to occupy the space in front of the defence which should be occupied by........

Center back must know how to cover other's Cb's backs and in this case Terry didn't. Ashley Cole was standing rightly so was Terry, because we don't play offside traps that close to goal. Terry should had followed Fabio Qualareglia and it was his fault for that. In all together it's mistake by both defense and midfield.

Center back must know how to cover other's Cb's backs and in this case Terry didn't. Ashley Cole was standing rightly so was Terry, because we don't play offside traps that close to goal. Terry should had followed Fabio Qualareglia and it was his fault for that. In all together it's mistake by both defense and midfield.

Any Chelsea fan can forgive the odd mistake (although giving the ball away in that position is awful). But quitting on your team and just standing there?????

What's that all about?

Apart from Luiz, Ivanovic, Cole and Terry was actually stationed in one straight line but when the ball was played to Quagliarella, Cole and Ivanovic did not move. Instead, it was Terry who tried to play the offside trap rather than just stay with his man.

I know it's disappointing to go out the champions league,for me I knew it would be tough as we are in a transition stage,man utd went out last year as did man city two years on the spin,no one is guaranteed to go through anymore,there's so many good teams in Europe now it's getting harder and harder every year!! But a good result last night lets give some kids a chance in Europa..

Clearly you're about as intelligent as a fucking gnat. I love the internet, I hate the fact that its overrun by whiny little kids who hide behind their computer screens and talk utter nonsense.

Mikel has been fine this year, more than Mikel actually

Pot-kettle-black.

Nonsense? Ok. Well good for you if you think Mikel is the best we can do. More power to you.

However, if you don't like me or my posts, and if you don't have a logical argument, it's simple; don't respond to them like some sort of ignorant piss-ant trying to goad someone into an argument. :D

and it's people like you who are the reason he is screwing us up. You do nothing to help his confidence by constantly bashing him.

Are u serious? Torres has gotten more support than Drogba for fuck sake. How are people like me the reason that he sucks then? Explain yourself.

His confidence has nothing to do if I cheer for him or not, that guy either has serious issues or he is simply finished as a top footballer. FACT.

Saying stuff like "ah great Torres scored" or imply that he is better just because he scored 2 "decent" goals against a team like friggin Nordsjaelland that also had nothing to play for doesnt men ANYTHING.

Am disappointed some of the fans left before the game ended. C'mon fellas, in times of crisis, show support to the lads. Will do them a world of confidence to see that the fans are still with them.

Good performance last night. Nice to remember what it feels like to actually win a game. The fact it was such a convincing win will give the boys confidence, but the fact we've suffered an ignominious exit will leave them with a point to prove.