• Ramires
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Moses
    • Torres
    • Bertrand(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Ferreira(sub)

Hopefully this will be a kick up the arse for the players to know that 1 more goal against Juve in September and we would be through to last 16..

1 more goal from us? How about not giving 2 away at home to Juve? How about Frank not getting skint by Vidal far too easily for the first or Mikel giving the ball away for the second and then showing absolutely no desire whatsoever to make amends.

How about not playing a formation with 2 defensive-mids, when we basically don't have one decent defensive-mid.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not expecting Hazard to receive so many votes. For me, it is a clear battle between Luiz and Torres.

By far...

Torres should've scored 2 more goals & should've layed off a ball to Hazard in the 1ste half. Had made 2 'easy' goals?

He worked hard & ran the right lines. Did some good hold up play.

But not enough for MOTM for me...

Luiz barely had some defending to do? Did some stupid things aswell imo.

For met MOTM should be Mata or Hazard. I chose Hazard, he edged it for me...

Well we cannot complain - the damage was done earlier in the group games, and as a lot of people have said if this is the price to pay for Munich then I would take it every day of the week. Better to be first holders out in group stage than never have won it at all (cough Arsenal cough!)

Let's take some positives though -

1. The Europa League is a competition we haven't won before and hopefully will not be in again. Therefore I want us to win it!

2. More european games will only add to the experience that the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Romeu, Bertrand, etc will gain playing in European games. It will help us in trying to right the wrongs next season if we're back in the Champions League.

3. We can win the Europa League and make amends for this season by going and winning the European Super Cup next season!!!

Did what we could but sadly, it wasn't enough. Ultimately, we only have ourselves to blame. Threw away that 2-0 lead against Juventus and making defensive mistakes after mistakes in the group. Had we seen that home game out against Juventus or concede 1 goal less at home against Shakhtar, we would have gone through. Small and fine margins but we paid a heavy price. Just hope the win will help to raise morale and boost some confidence in the team.

Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez: "I was always sure about the quality of the players, the commitment of the players, today we could see their intensity.

"For me tonight was the confirmation of everything I was watching in the training sessions. The main thing with Fernando Torres is that if we create chances, he will score goals."

I never wanted luiz to play as dm as his positioning in questionable, his concentration sucks, he does stupid things (like getting the yellow today), but nonetheless it was exciting to see him play in the mid. i mean how muc worse can things actually go? as well might give it a try.

Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez: "I was always sure about the quality of the players, the commitment of the players, today we could see their intensity.

"For me tonight was the confirmation of everything I was watching in the training sessions. The main thing with Fernando Torres is that if we create chances, he will score goals."

I want to see that after a game against a decent PL team, not after nords...