Jase

Man of the Match  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean sheet. First in 10. Happy without. Ivanovic should be our main cb and azpi should always be on the right.

City were fouling bastards. Glad we showed discipline and organisation. No disrespect to RDM, but rafa was a lot more tactical solid. More experience though, when RDM is that age, hell be just as good.

good protection leads to happy defenders.

Nothing special about defense line performance--they did well--but it was all about teamwork and defending from the entire team.

Juve dominated the midfield midweek (was watching it at a pub in italy--I was very quiet for a number of reasons). The second goal was very telling in that 3 midfield juve players went forward without challenge and no Chelsea player tracked back. Ridiculous defending from the midfield.

TBH, I have my doubts we can play with this midfield. Some of these players cannot defend at all and well told to do so, like today, they cannot contribute up front. I hope I'm wrong here though.

1. Dave MOTM

2. The defense shape was there

3. Even Luiz looked good (except for the far crosses)

4. Torres, no comment.

5. The maestros didn't look good - as our attack in general

6. We need someone who can play the ball forward in the pivot. A real regista (BDB anyone? lol).

All by all, I am 'ok' with a draw. Really wanted to see us win this though. Sucks to be number 4 after such start of the competition.

So yeah, we got a clean sheet, first since September 22nd. Major defensive improvement, great work rate from the wingers to get up and down and help the FBs. Better shape than under Robbie by far. If we'd have gotten a few more shots on target or even a goal everyone would be fucking raving about Rafa. Good signs, if we get a win at Fulham and another one against West Ham then half of the people against Rafa will easily be turned within 3 games. Can't believe how embarrassing the chants about Rafa were, give the bloke a chance. Makes some of the fans look like bellends, we sacked a manager last year and won 2 trophies... makes me wonder are our fans spoiled brats? We will win at least one trophy this year under Rafa for sure. Either the Club world cup or Capital one cup.

Although it was 0-0 this match, I'm not so dissapointed as I expected me to be.

We can clearly see big improvements in our defence. Defence, even without Terry looks surprisingly good. David Luiz showed today that he can be serious about defending and this is a big milestone in his career. Ivanovic, Azpilicueta and Cole were all brilliant and have done some crucial tackles to keep our net empty.

Our midfield look okay, I still think we need to bring another pivot player, but I can't blame either Mikel or Ramires for anything today. They both made really nice interceptions during the match.

Our magic trio of Mata, Hazard and Oscar didn't look so well today, I think those tree, especially Mata are just tired. But who can blame them, they played so much time this season, they clearly need a rest.

Torres looked really motivated today and had couple of good chances. He showed passion and will to score, but City played really defensively and it would be really hard for anyone to score (maybe one chance could be used, but nothing more).

Other than that, I have nothing to say about this game. Man of the match is Cech without any doubts, because he again showed, why he is top class goalkeeper.

And please take into the count, that it's really hard for Rafa. It isn't his fault that Abramovich sacked Di Matteo really. If you don't want to support him, okay, don't. But please, just don't boo him. It's really not good.

#KTBFFH

This game reminded me why I dreaded playing against Benitez's Liverpool. This was a classic Liverpool performance in big games but back then they had Torres who would do something special to win them games. Sometimes it was Gerrard.

Awful offensive play today imo. Defensively we were good, good shape as well. But we lack the pace needed up front for such a approach, couldn't hit them quickly on the break. Leading to a very boring match.

At least we managed a clean sheet. Ivanovic was good, Azpilicueta was great.

I can already see the great effect Benitez has on Torres.

Just very poor front three today, solid in defense. No surprise that the three attacking players who have played the most this season were completely ineffectual:

Mata - 2 key passes; 3 times dispossessed; 0 shots

Hazard - 2 key passes; one time dispossessed; 3 turnovers; 0 shots

Torres - 0 key passes; 4 times dispossessed; 2 turnovers; 1 shot

Pretty shit from both teams in truth but a clean sheet against City is a good start. Well earned point. I gave Mikel my MOTM because he did so well breaking their stuff up and starting our attacks although our attacks were pretty. They were much more physical and powerful than us so it needed Mikel to do a job, he was excellent.

Azpi was excellent too, so happy we seem to have a proper right back at last.