Chelsea 0-0 Man City

Jase

Man of the Match  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Yes Mazacar and Torres were poor but I'm not going to blame them. Firstly they are tired by playing too much lately, secondly Citeh fouled all the time! It doesn't need a leg breaking foul to stop you, a little push on the back will make you lose balance and lead to possession lost. Foy let them from the first minute and it wad just getting worse.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A clean sheet, I had already forgotten those exist at Chelsea!

Solid at the back but we had fuck all going forward and overall the performance wasn't anywhere near good enough. To get only one shot on target, that being a desperate free kick from 40 yards, is unacceptable. Benitez needs to find the right balance between defense and attack. With Di Matteo the three maestros had no defensive responsibilities and that resulted in a lot goals conceded but now Rafa had instructed Mata and Hazard to offer cover to the full-backs which made our attacking nearly nonexistent.

Azpilicueta easily man of the match. Moses was horrible after coming on, what does it take for the manager to give Marin a chance?

One Shot On Target... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9:

Doesn't say everything. We got into dangerous areas but lacked the final ball (or more correctly lacked the last movement off the ball).

I thought we had as much a chance to win it as city did.

We went more for defensive solidity and played probably our worst offensive game of the season. We were pathetic and creating chances. Pretty lucky to get away with a draw so I'm happy with that. Azpilicueta will get voted MOTM because he's the newcomer and he was good but he was not nearly as good as Ivanovic IMO.

Ivanovic-13 clearances, 8 effective clearances, 1 interception, 1 offside won, 87% passing.

Azpi-4 clearances, 2 effective clearances, 3 interceptions, 0 offsides won, 69% passing

wow... what a difference this match was from the matches under rdm's reign... benitez is a tactical genius... we played so differently i wanted to tear some1's head apart..

Chill mate, you made it sounds like sarcasm Lol. Or...did you?

Disappointed right now but one positive was that i didn't get a heart attack with every City attack because the defence and team shape looked solid throughout the whole game.

Attack was crap though.

Azpilicueta was great but Ivanovic & A. Cole was absolutely brilliant. Gave the latter my MOTM.

Decent game considering we've been a mess defensively. Luiz/Cahill & Ivanovic looks a lot stronger than Luiz & Cahill - whole team defended well today, pretty typical Benitez tbh, what I hope Rafa does though is improve our offensive play with this new defensive organization because I can see a lot of these frustrating results ahead if we don't.

Had we lost, we would have been 7 points of the top. Now we are 5 with Manchester derby in 2 weeks time. A point is a fair result. There was a definite shape to the team and once that settles down, the 3 creativities will start flourishing again. We have relatively easier fixtures ahead of us so lets hope we make full use of it,