Jase

Man of the Match  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like he did when we beat Napoli 4-1 right?

I'm not saying didierforever is right but that was a ignorant comment.

That was last season, this season RDM's team won 1 of 6. The chances of losing under him way higher than Rafa.

rdm was being unlucky and we might have lost it but now we would never know, would we. but the point was about rdm's tactics being wrong, and if they were benitez would not have adopted the same for a match like city. remember rdm changing the formation to 4-2-3-1 the next match that he came in charge from 4-3-3.

How can you change anything with 3 training sessions?

Benitez just met all of the players!

RDM was different he already knew the players...

Just give RB 5 games then slag the bloke off - if he is failing to perform!!!

Some of the critiques here need to chill the fuck out. New manager is here for just 3 days. Playing against best side in England, when own set of fans were booiing the fuck out. Give him time, that is the ONLY way forward rather than living in the past under RDM.

Also I guess writing 'Rafa Out' on A4 size papers is the requirement of being a supporter.

That was last season, this season RDM's team won 1 of 6. The chances of losing under him way higher than Rafa.

What are you talking about Sheva? That has nothing to do with it.

And this season he won 1 out of 6? I'm sure we played more games under Di Matteo.

But we won, he said we would've lost. Besides, Napoli attacked and couldn't break through most of the time.

Try reading...

LIKELY is the word I used...

I didn't say we would have Definitely lost...

FFS - read what you want to see, just to prove a useless insignificant point. RDM is fucking gone and good riddance... (Harsh but this RDM love is fucking annoying now)

Gave MOTM to Cole - but Azpilicueta was just as good, & so were Luiz & Ivanovic. Thought Ramires had a decent game too defensively, but the rest were average (if that) at best. Our attack was tentative & ultimately futile for much of the game until the latter stages...which was my greatest immediate fear with Rafa's questionable tactics on the front foot. Pointless substitution bringing Romeu on for Mikel - should have brought on Marin or not bothered at all because Romeu just isn't that great a player from the evidence he has provided thus far - & it was an obviously conservative move that indicated Rafa was happy with the draw; which I wouldn't exactly say I agree with. Moses really needs to learn how to pass/cross the ball properly, because he wasted at least 5 chances to create problems for City's defense from decent positions; yet failed to deliver anything with the final ball.

Overall, not a complete disaster by any means - but an extremely negative performance - lacked ambition going forward despite the obviously much improved stability at the back. You don't win games with that formula - not when you have a striker who can't get a shot on target.

Once again though, quite obviously missing Lampard's presence & passing in the middle of the park...hopefully Rafa decides to integrate him once he's recovered from injury so we will be more of a threat going forward, especially in bigger games such as this where there is every chance of getting a more than vital victory that tends to decide the title race.

All in all there may be hope if we can use the defensive security to our advantage in a more adventurous attacking mentality.

Oh & watch Rafa's post match interview with Shreeves...made me LOL

Try reading...

LIKELY is the word I used...

I didn't say we would have Definitely lost...

FFS - read what you want to see, just to prove a useless insignificant point. RDM is fucking gone and good riddance... (Harsh but this RDM love is fucking annoying now)

My bad, missed that. But based on what would we have likely lost? It's easy to just spout out things like that.

And my goodness, calm down. Getting worked up over nothing.

What are you talking about Sheva? That has nothing to do with it.

And this season he won 1 out of 6? I'm sure we played more games under Di Matteo.

Of course we did lol, but I'm talking about our last 6 under him. After the Juve game I fully expected to lose this, but Rafa coming in and talking about trying to stop them gave me a bit more confidence, and we got a better result.

A result I would have loved against Juve, Man utd or Shakhtar (away)