Future Chelsea Captain

Jase

Captaincy  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Chelsea captain after JT retires?

Ok guyz I created this topic so we can discuss our leaders. We have been lacking a leader during the absence of JT, Lamps and Cole. A member on our Forum said that Cech was not a very vocal leader and that he didn't say much and Torres should have stepped up to a leadership role but clearly he hasn't. We saw against Liverpool as soon as JT left we struggled and Lampard has always been a gr8 leader and Cole too is a very vocal leader! He was inspiring everyone when we were made it 2-2 against Manure. So I really think that we lack a leader when these 3 r not there! Drogba was always there for the team and he was a gr8 inspiration and he motivated everyone! Cole too is alway vocal and he makes sure that the CBs do a good job and I really think that in Cole and Terry's presence Luiz too does a better job. Cole is one of the few full backs who clears up for the CB's Errors when it's usually vice-versa. So..... What do u think?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, cech makes more sense because of his experience etc, but i personally don't like keepers as captains as they can't influence the game and do what JT does so well.

I would probably go Gary cahill if he is on the pitch, or even someone like mata, but out of the choice you have given us i suppose it would be A.C.

No one is close to JT, or tbh frank lampard in captaincy terms. :)

I added nearly all the players who have played this season (yes Marin did play in Carling Cup). Ofc no one matches Lamps and JT. Cole genuinely motivates the guyz because he will be screaming orders organising everyone and yea our younger players do a better job in their presence. w

Cahill? I dont understand why people think Cahill would be such an awesome leader. I mean, do people really love making up their own fantasies or whats going on at these forums lately?

I dont think that (at the moment) we got any strong natural leaders except for lamps, terry, cole and then to some extent cech and iva. I think the one that has the most potential is Luiz, if he just matures abit.

Ok guyz I created this topic so we can discuss our leaders. We have been lacking a leader during the absence of JT, Lamps and Cole. A member on our Forum said that Cech was not a very vocal leader and that he didn't say much and Torres should have stepped up to a leadership role but clearly he hasn't. We saw against Liverpool as soon as JT left we struggled and Lampard has always been a gr8 leader and Cole too is a very vocal leader! He was inspiring everyone when we were made it 2-2 against Manure. So I really think that we lack a leader when these 3 r not there! Drogba was always there for the team and he was a gr8 inspiration and he motivated everyone! Cole too is alway vocal and he makes sure that the CBs do a good job and I really think that in Cole and Terry's presence Luiz too does a better job. Cole is one of the few full backs who clears up for the CB's Errors when it's usually vice-versa. So..... What do u think?

We already have a topic for this, please use the search option before creating a thread in the future.

I think Ramires would be a good choice for the long term...not right now of course,but he'll be ready in a couple of seasons...will always lead by example with his determination,his passion for the club,the effort he puts in etc...

kissedthebadge_ramires.jpg

550220_298514090261751_1230834546_n.jpg

I think Ramires would be a good choice for the long term...not right now of course,but he'll be ready in a couple of seasons...will always lead by example with his determination,his passion for the club,the effort he puts in etc...

kissedthebadge_ramires.jpg

550220_298514090261751_1230834546_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

John Terry has had a setback in his injury today and ruled out of the Club World Cup. Given his lack of matches this season through suspension and injury etc and the fact he only has next season left before his contract is up, is it time we looked at his replacements?

Don't get me wrong, I think Terry embodies Chelsea. He is a leader of men and despite off field controversies, a good role model at the club. However, his absence has been noticeable, no-one has stepped up to the plate and I seriously don't agree with goalkeepers as captains. If we take the armband off him, players will still look up to him due to his reputation and his loyalty to the club.

For me part of the transition hangs on the balance of who will be the next captain. I'am sceptical under the curent regime as to whether John Terry will be handed an extension next season. I would very much like to see it but I say the same about Cole and Lampard. So maybe the time has come to name a successor.

The obvious candidate for me is David Luiz. He signed a 5 year deal at the club so we know we view him as a long term player. He has his mistakes but so have all our defensive players this season. What he does have is character and I heard Gary Neville say the same thing last night. He appeals to the fans the same way Drogba did, he plays with passion, he loves the club and he has the ability to make things happen. Now my opinion is obviously going to be met with mixed reviews but is this something we to strongly going forwards?