Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mana said:

The only saving grace is the replay is going to be Liverpool kids with a coach that isn’t Klopp.

Hopefully Shrewsbury put 110% in to that replay so we draw them.

We don’t want to face Liverpool while other PL sides get easy ties.

Even if Liverpool get past Shrewsbury, I'm not sure Klopp is even bothered to play his first team in the 5th round. He has never taken the domestic cup competitions seriously.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even if Liverpool get past Shrewsbury, I'm not sure Klopp is even bothered to play his first team in the 5th round. He has never taken the domestic cup competitions seriously.

Let's hope not..saying that our lot against their reserve side...we struggled a little against Hull

Magic of the cup though..

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

It’s against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Liverpool probably aiming for that treble.

Klopp may field one or two kids but I bet the majority will be Liverpool’s first XI.

If Liverpool were seriously aiming for the treble, Klopp wouldn't have been complaining so vehemently about the fixture congestion and wouldn't been so open about tossing the FA Cup aside. Moreover, this is the same Liverpool side who put out their reserves against Everton's first team in the R3 Merseyside derby. 

Unpopular opinion no doubt but with the way they present these draws and the outrage people show over teams playing weakened Xls in the cup, people are clinging onto what it use to be.

While I'd still like to win it the FA Cup just isn't that big a drawer anymore, I use to buzz for it especially 3rd round weekends but nowadays I find it almost as boring as international breaks.

Sad i know but it is what it is.

Just now, Jason said:

If Liverpool were seriously aiming for the treble, Klopp wouldn't have been complaining so vehemently about the fixture congestion and wouldn't been so open about tossing the FA Cup aside. Moreover, this is the same Liverpool side who put out their reserves against Everton's first team in the R3 Merseyside derby. 

Such a big ho hah about them against Shrewsbury. No doubt they'll go through and be ooooooh aren't they sooooo amazing blah.

Just gotta go for it. Rather lose to them this round then final. Hopefully we can bring our best! 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Unpopular opinion no doubt but with the way they present these draws and the outrage people show over teams playing weakened Xls in the cup, people are clinging onto what it use to be.

While I'd still like to win it the FA Cup just isn't that big a drawer anymore, I use to buzz for it especially 3rd round weekends but nowadays I find it almost as boring as international breaks.

Sad i know but it is what it is.

Same. With us constantly involved in fierce competition in the league, I feel the FA Cup is an annoying distraction whenever it comes around. Like, I just want to see us keep on going in the league rather than having to play these domestic cup competitions. 

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Such a big ho hah about them against Shrewsbury. No doubt they'll go through and be ooooooh aren't they sooooo amazing blah.

Just gotta go for it. Rather lose to them this round then final. Hopefully we can bring our best! 

Liverpool's reserves/kids will probably still have more than enough to beat Shrewsbury. Get past that and I think Klopp will play half of his first team players at the Bridge at most, because the 5th round game drops right in the middle of a hectic fixture list. But of course, this is all pointless if Klopp suddenly makes a U-turn and decides to ease off in the league and focus elsewhere completely. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Liverpool's reserves/kids will probably still have more than enough to beat Shrewsbury. Get past that and I think Klopp will play half of his first team players at the Bridge at most, because the 5th round game drops right in the middle of a hectic fixture list. But of course, this is all pointless if Klopp suddenly makes a U-turn and decides to ease off in the league and focus elsewhere completely. 

That the thing. League is won so dont have to bother about that. Regardless of who he plays if we play how we have been they'll be issues.

Midweek..odd. hopefully can get tickets though.