Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It does say a lot about the FA Cup when a stage as late in the competition as this doesn't even have it's own weekend in the football calendar.

Pretty sure the semi finals don't even have their own weekend anymore. Journalists and pundits then wonder why clubs are not taking it seriously anymore when the FA are making the competition almost irrelevant these days. 

I wonder what kind of XI will Klopp put out for this tie. He has never bothered with the domestic cup competitions so far, will he suddenly decide to go for the treble? Liverpool have a 12:30pm kick off after this cup tie and then Atletico Madrid after that. Suspect he might mix it up.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wonder what kind of XI will Klopp put out for this tie. He has never bothered with the domestic cup competitions so far, will he suddenly decide to go for the treble? Liverpool have a 12:30pm kick off after this cup tie and then Atletico Madrid after that. Suspect he might mix it up.

If Atletico get good result at home then yea he will mix it up

15 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Good so they should! Least they backed down that quite good really.

Nothing pisses me off more than a football club ripping off their fans. Glad that fans told the club to do one and in no uncertain terms. I despise West Ham but even I feel a bit of sympathy for the way their fans have been treated especially with them moving to that soulless bowl of a ground. Mind you I'd piss myself laughing if they get relegated.

9 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Nothing pisses me off more than a football club ripping off their fans. Glad that fans told the club to do one and in no uncertain terms. I despise West Ham but even I feel a bit of sympathy for the way their fans have been treated especially with them moving to that soulless bowl of a ground. Mind you I'd piss myself laughing if they get relegated.

Same!! Especially because its always been 30 regardless of who it is against. If been Shrewsbury they wouldnt have said about it being 40. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Jason said:

So, Liverpool lost their CL 1st leg against Atletico, which means Klopp likely won't risk his 1st team players at the Bridge, 1 week before their return leg.

Probably won't matter at all but yeah...

Well he can fully focus on FA cup and Champions League now and rest players in PL. 

23 hours ago, Jason said:

So, Liverpool lost their CL 1st leg against Atletico, which means Klopp likely won't risk his 1st team players at the Bridge, 1 week before their return leg.

Probably won't matter at all but yeah...

About to say their other lot ain't bad! Going to this game...seen us lose to Man U and Valencia this time round so it would be nice

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well he can fully focus on FA cup and Champions League now and rest players in PL. 

Maybe but Liverpool have been coasting up there in the league for months and yet, Klopp has still rotated his team heavily for the FA Cup games. We shall see whether he changes course now and rest players in the upcoming Premier League games but at the same time, I'm sure he sees the Champions League far more valuable than the FA Cup and he might not risk his first team players getting injured 1 week before their return leg. 

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Maybe but Liverpool have been coasting up there in the league for months and yet, Klopp has still rotated his team heavily for the FA Cup games. We shall see whether he changes course now and rest players in the upcoming Premier League games but at the same time, I'm sure he sees the Champions League far more valuable than the FA Cup and he might not risk his first team players getting injured 1 week before their return leg. 

Not taking anything for granted way we play. Their 2nd lot aren't so bad and we're just annoying.