Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'd still love to win it because a trophy is still a trophy but I think the country need to start accepting it's reduced status in the modern game, trying to cling on to the "romance" of the Cup (the draw last night was absolutely cringeworthy) when even Championship sides are sticking B teams out is doing no favours to anyone, least of all the Cup itself

I actually listened to it on the radio I've never watched the one show and I'm not going to start now just because the cup draw is on it. The Cup Final was an event in black and white telly days now it's just another football match. Back in the 70's when I grew up cup final three o' clock only three channels and the pubs were shut and most people had Monday- Friday jobs. Totally different now times change and things move on only the BBC are clinging on to the magic of the fa cup bollocks.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It was scored a Man United academy graduate too! 

It's all a load of crap. That's what they did in the last round..scored a OG

Though looking at stats blah...liverpool had more shots.. ball..corner etc but even so. That's cruel. Let's hope we're on our game that day 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I have no idea. :lol: I didn't bother to watch the game. Just passing on info. :lol: 

Fair enough. I saw the goal on the BBC website and there looked nothing wrong with the situation involving the cross and goal to the naked eye, so assume it was before this. Knowing Liverpool, probably 10 passages of play before.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It does say a lot about the FA Cup when a stage as late in the competition as this doesn't even have it's own weekend in the football calendar.

The rest of the time it does still. Think to do with the winter break thing..apparently.