Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

And this is the moment I remember Sarri not so very long ago coming out in some interview claiming that we have too large of a squad at 25 and we should cut it down to 20 or 21.

Well when we have a schedule like ours coming up with the injuries mounting up and Sarri sticking to his rotation lets see if he changes his mind anytime soon.

Now IF we had a squad of 21 that were all of a 1st team starter class then juast MAYBE I would agree. But we just don't!

Ive hated Weds since they put me in hospital in a cup game at home mid 70s.

It's a shame the FA cup has now become so second rate like the Carabao. It was once Englands most prestigious competition.

It's down to TV money and all the World wanting to watch English football. A club now gets £3m for winning the FA Cup, but staying in the Premier League is worth £100m -so you can understand relegation threatened clubs playing a weakened team.  Leicester on the other hand should be ashamed and apologise to their fans, not getting relegated, cups about the only thing left and yet -such a weakened team against Newport. They should inform the travelling fans that have paid good money before they have to travel.

The weekend was a disgrace, we had numerous games at 12:30, numerous at 3pm and then 5;30...the Sunday was a mess too.

Fucking did my head that Man United televised once again, stick a team on that will actually be a good shock.

On 08/01/2019 at 11:25 AM, Special Juan said:

The weekend was a disgrace, we had numerous games at 12:30, numerous at 3pm and then 5;30...the Sunday was a mess too.

Fucking did my head that Man United televised once again, stick a team on that will actually be a good shock.

They always tend to get shown. Guess fan base or whatever. Man U vs Arsenal happens every season but no doubt be televised. 

It's a shame how little is thought of it now. Odd times.. Odd game choices shown. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Wow, just look at other fixtures. It is basically Man City versus the winner of this clash.

In theory... I still remember us years back looking set to win after all the big sides had gone out then going out to Barnsley.  Then Bradford that time.. 

Things happen... Teams get underestimated and all. Or just don't show up.