Chelsea 6-0 Wolves

Jase

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game as shown a lot for that double pivot:

1. Ramires is certainly better than lampard there.

2. Romeu is just as good if not better than Mikel in most areas.

3. against bigger teams, we could play Mikel AND Romeu for extra defense against more gifted attacking teams. - then we can play with 3 attacking midfielders...

4. against weaker teams, Oscar can easily fit in there, Oscar has got the eye for a killer ball and is very good getting forward, but may leave a gap there which is why it may be a better choice against weaker teams.

3. against bigger teams, we could play Mikel AND Romeu for extra defense against more gifted attacking teams. - then we can play with 3 attacking midfielders...

4. against weaker teams, Oscar can easily fit in there, Oscar has got the eye for a killer ball and is very good getting forward, but may leave a gap there which is why it may be a better choice against weaker teams.

Wouldnt judge anything based on tonight's game. Had Lampard he probably would have scored 4 goals himself. Good win but lets not get carried away because after all it was their reserve team.

Wouldnt judge anything based on tonight's game. Had Lampard he probably would have scored 4 goals himself. Good win but lets not get carried away because after all it was their reserve team.

haha you are very right! but i can dream! I base the stuff on Ramires from the Stoke game as well though. and i think all those points are still valid - Romeu showed he was big enough for that position in games last season.

Oscar and Lampard would probably be very similar in the position.

Cant wait for Arsenal. will be our first proper test, i hope RDM sides a decent team for it and doesnt stick Rami and Bertrand on the wings again. roll on saturday!

You're kidding me. We beat a Championship side that was resting all it's players and you're trying to draw massive conclusions from it. You can't. You can't even draw many serious conclusions from a handful of games against normal opponents.

I thought Azpi was pretty meh defensively.

to be fair, its not a good game to be able to judge him on. he has had next to nothing to do. but you cant say he did anything wrong. and going forward he didn't look to bad. a decent crosser, not a bad shot, sensible with his passing. would like to see him play a few games in the prem to see his defensive side a bit more though.

Just finished the game. great result for chelsea and the individual players. gives RDM confidence to field a weakened team at weekends when we have a big Champions league game coming up or something similar. just a shame that wolves were really bad, hopefully the next round will be a bit more of a challenge!

You're kidding me. We beat a Championship side that was resting all it's players and you're trying to draw massive conclusions from it. You can't. You can't even draw many serious conclusions from a handful of games against normal opponents.

ya fair point, but I must add i was taking in to consideration previous games ive seen of them. despite the poor opposition, what they were doing was right off and on the ball. and they arent massive conclusions, more of ideas. just my personal opinion on those players in that position and how i think they could work. you can't say they are bad or wrong, i can see them working but im not saying its set in stone. as said earlier, I (Scorer of 8 in 20 appearences in a soccer sixes league) could have made that wolves team, im not trying to make conclusions, just give ideas.

seeing the players there just set off some thoughts in my head of these palyers and their styles.

Just caught the game on Chelsea TV and I must say Torres, goal aside, looked pretty horrendous. His shot when put clear by Marin was simply woeful, straight at the keeper when it looked easier to score. He looks shorn of confidence and composure. If he can't do it against a second string Championship side, how can we count on him against better teams to come? Gosh, incredible. His header was brilliant though.

Mata was great, oscar was oscar, hazard had another sick bit of skill in the corner. Moses did his job of being a pest. Piazon had couple of good moves but needs to keep the ball better. Torres was awful. Marin didnt have to much time but he always attacks the fullbacks which is nice. Bertrand again strengthening the premise that he is a natural replacement to cole, cahil and terry were solid. Rameries was good and can play in double pivot vs weaker teams.

Good perfromance vs weak opposition but lots of bright signs nontheless.

Oh and as for ceasar.a he was outstanding. If he can performe like this vs good oppostion and constitently hes best rightback in premiship. Touch was amazing, cross was amazing, distrubution was solid, defensively solid, throws in were precise and hard. Only put in 1 or 2 wrong feet the entire game. Ive been saying for a while that a natural attacking right back that is actualy good at crossing and passing(no offense boswinga) is the missing piece to taking this team to the next level.