Chelsea 6-0 Wolves

Jase

I hate to say it, because im always one to hope he does well but Torres does not look good (40mins in now). Maybe he has been told ot take it easy because we dont need another striker injury, but his touches and runs have been pretty bad.

Hopefully this means Sturridge to start vs Arsenal? i dont see why not. if RDM really doesnt like it just bring on Torres at half time.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ffs Cahill. Stop making me love you. You're just brilliant. It just feels so good having 2 central defenders DEFEND and not seeing one casually strolling up the pitch at random times.

Everything Ramires is good at comes to life when he plays central. It helps our pressing game so much more as he can run around without leaving the right hand side exposed like he would when deployed as a winger.

Careful though, he will have a lot of problems when it comes to passing, if teams decide to kick Ramires out of the game they will keep pressuring him and make sure he loses the ball. I don't expect Ramires to play great for the whole season, but I have been crying out for ages for Ramires to play centrally, because of his stamina. At least he will do a lot more than Mikel, but Mikel can still be useful as a partner to him, as long as Ramires is left with the reliability. Because if we rely on Mikel, it's just going to get bad isn't it.

It looks like, to me anyway, that Piazon has more potential than Sterling, but his current ability isn't even close to Sterling's. (That may sound odd, I'm aware.)

I'd compare his current ability and potential to Liverpool's Suso.

His current ability is far above average though.

Side-thought: I hope we use Chalobah next season in these types of games!

I was just thinking the same thing.

I'm mostly concerned right now about the fact he's still drifting wide even though Moses is there.

I know! its like he doesnt understand his own position?! it is a bit worrying. his body language is pretty bad as well. i think Sturridge needs to come in and give him some competition...

Shame we weren't against slightly tougher opponents. Woulda loved to see more from Azpi. Hopefully we get to see one of his trademark long throw-ins too soon! No idea who'll attack it in the box though.

Wolves are REALLY bad. they arent even pressuring or closing us down until we are in their 18 yard box. but you could say with our attacking powers and hte early goal, that what it does to the mentality of opposing teams.

im watching this really hoping RDM learns to leave defensive duties to defensive positions. this game and agaisnt stoke we player with attacking players in the attacking positions and we played just like this (just a harder team) so i hope it stays like this. The commentators also picked up on that if Terry is out for a long time with a ban from the FA that we might see a lot more of Azpi, whcih would be just a delight. he's not had much to do, but he looks decent!

Just watched the replay of the first half and omg one word for Mata: fantastic. Piazon has also looked very sharp on his official competitive debut for the club. Mata's first touch is pure class, just a joy to watch and his passing quality as well

It looks like, to me anyway, that Piazon has more potential than Sterling, but his current ability isn't even close to Sterling's. (That may sound odd, I'm aware.)

I'd compare his current ability and potential to Liverpool's Suso.

His current ability is far above average though.

Side-thought: I hope we use Chalobah next season in these types of games!

When i first seen that comparison before i read the whole thing, i was about to tell you to wake up, but you're probably right. I doubt Sterling will improve as much as some people go on, lets not forget this is an English player, the only world beater we've had is David Beckham.

Piazon looks like a good talent, i think he will end up a good player for us.

2 clear chances wolves had, and better teams would have netted those. hopefully its just down to the fact we are 4-0 up so the defense is a little bit asleep...

no lampard may mean hell start against arsenal.... as much as i love lampard, he shouldnt be starting against arsenal. at least not in that defensive role.

When i first seen that comparison before i read the whole thing, i was about to tell you to wake up, but you're probably right. I doubt Sterling will improve as much as some people go on, lets not forget this is an English player, the only world beater we've had is David Beckham.

Piazon looks like a good talent, i think he will end up a good player for us.

Tbh Piazon looks a great prospect but I think Sterling is on another level to him. BTW have known him since a very young age and know what he is capable of so I am not just thinking he is great because of the media. But 17 and already a starter for Liverpool and arguably the best performer this season. He has pace, dribbling and trickery. As he gets older and builds in muscle he will have it all. I really do like Piazon though and think he will make it big here, but the thing is Sterling will improve by miles. Game by game he looks better. There in no evidence in the claim that you don't think he will improve much. He is only 17. Most players that age don't even make it into a PL team alone yet alone a club like Liverpool.

Tbh Piazon looks a great prospect but I think Sterling is on another level to him. BTW have known him since a very young age and know what he is capable of so I am not just thinking he is great because of the media. But 17 and already a starter for Liverpool and arguably the best performer this season. He has pace, dribbling and trickery. As he gets older and builds in muscle he will have it all. I really do like Piazon though and think he will make it big here, but the thing is Sterling will improve by miles. Game by game he looks better. There in no evidence in the claim that you don't think he will improve much. He is only 17. Most players that age don't even make it into a PL team alone yet alone a club like Liverpool.

i really wouldnt be suprised if Sterling ends up at a big club at the end of this season now that hes in the spotlight. I had never heard of him, but ive watched him this season and been blown away. he really does look good. and consistently good. even surrounded by the crappy players. even better thats he's English!

back to the match, pretty sure i could make this wolves team.. they are awful! and Moses should have squared that ball early on where he ran down the wing before falling/fouled.

i really wouldnt be suprised if Sterling ends up at a big club at the end of this season now that hes in the spotlight. I had never heard of him, but ive watched him this season and been blown away. he really does look good. and consistently good. even surrounded by the crappy players. even better thats he's English!

back to the match, pretty sure i could make this wolves team.. they are awful! and Moses should have squared that ball early on where he ran down the wing before falling/fouled.

If BR stays at Liverpool, he should definitely stay which I am sure he will regardless. He gave Evra the runaround and I just laugh at the way he skinned Danny Rose. I agree about Wolves, they were overly poor but they rested players, mainly their whole team which explains why they were so crap. They missed an open goal, God knows how. Every single player could have had a goal, Wolves were that bad. Was a joy to watch though :)